Fitbit Worth it?

Options
Ok so my birthday is coming up!
I have been wanting a Fitbit for a while! Are they worth it for the price?
I looked at another step counter and it stops at 9999 steps. Also which one do you recommend? Thanks everyone :)

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I like mine.. I like that it tracks my steps and my sleep patterns. I had to unsync it from MFP though.. it added a ridiculous amount of exercise calories to my total from regular walking and I rarely eat those back.
  • elkins3241
    elkins3241 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »
    I like mine.. I like that it tracks my steps and my sleep patterns. I had to unsync it from MFP though.. it added a ridiculous amount of exercise calories to my total from regular walking and I rarely eat those back.

So if you unsync it can you go back into MFP and manually enter your steps?
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I find mine accurate and I really love it. I just got the HR charge 2, to me its been totally worth it.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    lol, 9999. I have a fitbit surge. Things I like about it. it's a step counter, but more importantly its a HRM so I dont have to wear an additional gadget. Ive found its pretty accurate, at least as accurate as my garman HRM. I also like it because it tracks different types of exercise, runs, walks, bike rides, hikes, yoga etc. Things I dislike about it, its HUGE. seriously, its like being under house arrest. And if the band breaks (mine was chewed by the dog) you cant replace the band, you buy a whole new fitbit. thats where I am at and honestly, not sure I will buy same fitbit again, im on the fence.

ETA: yes you dont have to sync to mfp. I dont either. I like to control what I consider exercise and what I dont. I dont consider just getting 10k steps exercise. Some of my walks, runs I do consider exercise.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit Charge 2 and I love it. I recently got it $30.00 off but noticed it went back up... I'd still say it's worth it if you can swing it. 10K steps was my goal when I first got it but now that's my goal during the work day at my "sedentary" office job, you'll want more than 10K tracking in time!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    9999 limit? I personally wouldn't like that. Some days I like to hit the 20k mark.
    Fitbit was completely worth it to me. I got my Charge HR when it was on sale.
    My FitBit truly made me realize the importance/impact of frequent movement versus structured exercise. I still set aside time for yoga and bodyweight exercises, but my TDEE numbers are mainly due to the summation of mini-walks and extra steps taken throughout the day.
    The challenges and data are also a great part of the device.
    FitBit isn't perfect, and that's okay. I've yet to come across any piece of technology that functions perfectly. However, I find that it is a handy tool that supports my goals.
  • smantha32
    Options
    elkins3241 wrote: »
    smantha32 wrote: »

So if you unsync it can you go back into MFP and manually enter your steps?

Yes.. typically though I only enter actual exercise I'm doing.. like on the treadmill. I don't track food exactly..like every bite and every ounce... sometimes i guestimate, so I never log steps taken just walking around during the day.
  • smantha32
    Options
    besaro wrote: »
    ETA: yes you dont have to sync to mfp. I dont either. I like to control what I consider exercise and what I dont. I dont consider just getting 10k steps exercise.

Exactly. Me either.

• casualdread
    casualdread Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit syncs through your phone to the Fitbit cloud. You can look at the data on your Fitbit dashboard (very nice). Personally, I only sync Fitbit cloud to MFD cloud to credit my calories from exercise. I got my sister a Fitbit Surge 2 with a replaced band like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VSJ69WX/ Just my thoughts
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have a Microsoft Band. I wear it everyday and couldn't be happier with it.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit charge 2!!!I just wish I knew more people with it to add and get better motivation by that., I am very competitive!
  • Bmoy87
    Bmoy87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR (1st one) and the Surge. I like the Surge because it has built-in GPS for walks and biking. I tried out the Charge 2 that everyone above raves about but the alarm clock vibration is extremely weak and does not wake me up like the Charge HR (1st one) and the Surge does. It is called a "silent alarm" and it wakes you up with just a vibration and no noise, which is a much calmer way to wake up than the basic BEEP BEEP BEEP alarm that would give me a heart attack.
  • wannabehealthydad
    wannabehealthydad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had my Fitbit Flex for 2.5 years and I think it has been well worth the investment. I would recommend going with one that actually shows the number of steps such as the Fitbit one. I hate not knowing the exact number of steps I've taken unless I look at my phone.

It does motivate me though to get in my steps and having it sync up to MFP has been great.
  • 294Rich
    294Rich Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I think that it depends on the person. For me, I don't see the appeal, but some people seem to like them!
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge 2 and it's my companion.
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit charge 2!!!I just wish I knew more people with it to add and get better motivation by that., I am very competitive!

You can add me! Kristi17_99@yahoo.com
  • krushal8880
    krushal8880 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I LUV my Fitbit Blaze and I had a lot of families doing it and now it's only me. I have met a few Fitbit friends and they help to keep me on track. Feel free to send me a message because we can help each other.
  • thatdesertgirl777
    thatdesertgirl777 Posts: 269 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    All the of the onse that are wrist based hurt my arm for some reason (there are a lot of people that complain of sharp pains in their bone like I experience). I think it has to do with the frequency of the bluetooth sync. So now I have the FItbit One model (which you can clip in your pants pocket or bra strap). The Fitbit Zip model is very affordable and works the same way. I LOVE it! Set up Challenges against other Fitbit friends that can go for a day, the workweek or weekend, and its super motivating to get more steps that way! My daily goal is 15k steps, so the 9999 one you're referring would be no good for me.
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I had to unsync mine too because of the bloated calorie burn count. Now I just turn mine on and off when I'm doing cardio and entering half of what the website gives me into FMP as my calories burned. It's a couple extra steps, but it's pretty accurate. I'm using a Fitbit Charge HR, hoping to get the next model up for Christmas. It's got GPS in it it's supposed to track distance better.
  • SilverSheWolf55
    SilverSheWolf55 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I bought my Fitbit Charge2 about a month ago. So far, I love it. I think it's fairly accurate. I like it mainly for the motivation to get up and move. I have it set to "remind" me to get up and take steps. Would I like to get 10,000 steps in a day? YES. I have already made it to over 11,500. (Didn't stop at 9999). HOWEVER, I have a desk job answering phones. I feel like I have a "ball & chain" on, because I can only get away for a total of 1 1/2 hours a day. :( But when I do, I walk as much and fast as I can. :D

I think with a lot of HRM's it depends on what you want to use it for. Some have more "bells and whistles" than others. I am totally fine with the Charge 2. :)