How much weight did you lose until you noticed?

I've lost weight but besides my tummy looking less bloated I don't actually see any difference in my upper body, face or legs. How much weight do you need to lose before you can see the difference?

Replies

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Change can be hard to see, even in the mirror. The best way to see it is with photos. Those can be downright eye opening.

As for how much you lose before really noticing, that will vary greatly from person to person. For me, it was about 30 pounds or so when my clothes fit differently. At my current weight, 10 pounds would be easier to see than that first 30 was.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    I think it was about 2 months before I saw a noticeable difference in my progress pictures and other people started to comment, which would have been around the 10-15lb mark.

Worth noting though that you will lose fat wherever your genetics dictate it will come off first, for you that seems to be your stomach, nothing you can do about this unfortunately.

Going off the stats you quoted in your other post (5ft 6 and 110lb), you're already a marginally underweight BMI and may want to switch your focus to maintaining your weight (or even gaining a little) and building muscle rather than trying to lose more weight.

• chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    I've lost 19 pounds and I still don't see it.

It certainly takes time. Others around me see it, though. So I guess I'll take it!
  • fbchick51
    fbchick51 Posts: 240 Member
    It's different for everyone, based on overall body composition, personal perception, amount/type of exercise, etc. For me.. I noticed my pants felt looser 15lbs in.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    I didn't notice anything until 30 lbs down, but I was over 200 at the time.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Really depends on where you started. At 270, It took me hitting about 230 before I saw it in the mirror/felt in my clothes.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    I second the photos- they are how I was able to see how large I had become- its also how I see progress the other way.
    Usually every 15lbs I see a difference.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    About 15lbs for me personally
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Pictures. I'm down about 40 pounds and while I see and feel a difference sometimes I don't realize how big of a difference it is until I see pictures.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    It depends on how much weight you have to lose. If you have a lot of weight to lose, initial losses in weight aren't going to be as visibly noticeable because 1) there's a lot of fat to lose; 2) most early fat loss is visceral fat around your organs which isn't going to be visibly noticeable really.

• thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    • I'm only just now starting to be able to see it in the mirror, and I'm at 50 pounds down so far.
    • I could see it in pictures at about 30 pounds, I think.
    • Other people started noticing at about 20 pounds.
    • I could tell my clothes were fitting a little looser at about 10 pounds.
  • EdinBeau
    EdinBeau Posts: 29 Member
    I didn't "see" any changes until I lost 15lbs, but my clothes were definitely fitting differently after about 10lbs lost.