Options
2»

Replies

• Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    relynne wrote: »
    Ahh Samsung. Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be. Apparently, the S8 curved screen and the screen protector aren't exactly matching up well.

Picked up the new phone a little more than a week ago. Color my unimpressed. This phone is busting my balls with the autocorrect.

i (seriously?) get random spaces, (<-like this double space) weird autocorrects (it only took 3 tries to get to "weird"), and general functionality irritations (central functionality iterations the 1st go).

Rumor has it that the screen protector eventually settles unto the screen better. Until then jabbing b5 darling googled dann phone... *sigh*
    I'm starting to have charging issues already
    That's not something I want to hear. How long have you had the phone?

Two days before it was available in the stores. I can remember the date, but it's only been like 3 months. Use the Samsung chargers and cables. For some reason, I'm having better luck with that.

Would you buy it again? I have the S6 and I've been holding off on upgrading because I don't know anyone that has the S8 that loves it.
    I would have rather gone with the S7; however, AT&T suckered me in with a huge chunk of store credit with the S8, which allowed me to get the upgraded USB-C cables and chargers.

USB-C appears to be set to become the next "big thing". S8 have gone with it and in a few years I suspect standard micro USB will dwindle.

I think once the screen protector seats onto the screen better my level of complaint will go down.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I had problems with my last Samsung phone and so I switched to LG. Haven't had any issues since.
  • patrick_star_trek
    patrick_star_trek Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have the S8+ and I like it. I was an iPhone guy for years, but Android has managed to pull me away. The screen is so much nicer! That said, the very first thing I did was to download Google keyboard. I do not like the edge screen and wish they'd do away with it, and Bixby is annoying and useless. But, other than that, it's a nice phone. Oh, and battery life is not great, but it's acceptable and on par with most.