Day 2 30 day shred hurt elbow

Options
Hey guys,
I've been doing the 30 day shred for 2 days now, and while it's intense, I can get through it without stopping. Tonight however after I finished my cardio routine (I've been doing cardio in addition to the shred trying to burn more calories) I noticed my left elbow is really bothering me. I am icing it and I've taken some ibuprofen but I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do and is it alright for me to continue with the shred tomorrow. I really hate to stop because I'm trying to develop a routine and I really need to strength train more, but if my elbow hurts like this tomorrow morning I'm afraid I won't be able to get through the workout. Thoughts, suggestions?

Replies

• lilcrittert
    lilcrittert Posts: 105
    Options
    I actually had the same problem with my elbow. It has taken awhile to recover from it. Now, instead of extending my elbow completely, I leave it slightly bent....don't lock it. I believe this is the proper way of using the weights (?). I would skip the exercises using the elbows and continue with the rest of the workout unless there is pain elsewhere.