Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Energy??

What will help me get energy?? I usually have a 5 hour energy drink every day but i really need to stop drinking thoughs! I always feel tired ans drained.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Start working out.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    -More/better sleep
    -Play around with macros (more carbs perhaps)
    -Exercise
    -Listen to upbeat music
    -Caffeine if all else fails !
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Are you getting enough sleep? If not, get more.
    How much of a deficit are you eating at, and how much are you working out? If your body is not properly fueled it will beg for rest.
    Have you eliminated or severely cut back a specific food group or macro? That might not agree with you.
    Needing caffeine for a little pick me up is no big deal, but if you seriously never have energy, it's better to find the root of the issue.
    If all else fails (getting plenty of sleep, eating at an appropriate calorie level, experimenting with macros, not over-exercising) and it's still a daily problem, it can't hurt to get a checkup and mention it. Unexplained fatigue can be a symptom. But for most people, it's just about taking better care of ourselves :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    I work at a desk all day and it drains all energy. A quick 5 or 10 minute walk can be a big boost. You do not need to workout your entire lunch hour or get sweaty.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    I work at a desk all day and it drains all energy. A quick 5 or 10 minute walk can be a big boost. You do not need to workout your entire lunch hour or get sweaty.

This is one of the reasons I workout and ride in the mornings...it gets me amped up for the day...that, and I avoid riding in 100*+ conditions.
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Are you drinking enough water?
  • Are you drinking enough water?

I might not be drinking enough water..i have been drinkinf more coke zero for the energy then anything
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Better sleep
    Appropriate level of physical exercise
    Reduce stress
    Improved nutrition (not just more calories, more nutrient dense food)
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Sleep and how much and how long you have been in a calorie deficit. Perhaps you need a scheduled refeed to get some energy back. I know for myself when I am trying to really cut and have been in a calorie deficit with lower carbs for a long period of time I dont have energy. This also impacts my sleep as I dont sleep as well and my workouts are not as intense. Doing refeeds periodically (every few weeks) will help improve energy by replenishing your carbs, allowing you better workouts and will help you sleep better. Most importantly, will NOT hurt your progress at all. Goodluck!
  • mixmag
    mixmag Posts: 6 Member
    Definitely drop the sodas and start drinking infused water....any fruit into your glass of water...also make sure you are taking a good multivitamin with all the b's and iron x