anorexia recovery

Options
currently trying to maintain my weight, so not exactly recovery, but i'm not ready to gain and am at least starting with not losing anymore!
anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• Saltfae
    Saltfae Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your done losing weight but you should focus on maintaining a healthy weight.
  • buggleuh749
    buggleuh749 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Having recovered from anorexia myself what you're doing right now is an incredibly brave, amazing step! It's a smart way to begin recovery too, I wish I had done it that way! Just take your time with it and don't worry about timelines :) you can do it
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Went through that a few years back. It's tough as hell so well done for making progress - something to remember is that, even when recovered, there's a chance (like with me) that some of the mentality never truly leaves, just remember it's all a balance, having a day or two where you're tempted to dip back in, while not great, is ok. Just make sure you realise it's happening, and pick yourself up after. Recovering after a day or two is nothing compared to where you've come from.
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think your doing great! Proud of you!
  • leahisnotmyname
    leahisnotmyname Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I struggle with anorexia, too. I was diagnosed back in 2013 but I'm much healthier now than I used to be
  • nourishingalex
    nourishingalex Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to maintain too! We can do this together!
  • hrj888
    hrj888 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had anorexia when I was a young teen 13-15 years old. I'm recovered from it now thanks to getting help. I'm 26 years old now. When I was 15 I only weighed 98 lbs and was 5'5". Now I have a binge eating disorder. Feel free to add me for support.
  • xandra47
    xandra47 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Try to focus on nutrition and hitting all of those values daily. I was anorexic when I was 16 and recovered, now at 30 I'm trying to lose weight the healthy way. Keeping my focus on nutrition gives my obsessive compulsive thoughts about calories a healthy positive outlet.