Exercise.tv ideas

Options
maddymama
maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
Hi All,
I just entered the digital (cable tv) age and as of today have exercise.tv!!!! I was browsing through it and saw they have exercise routines (a few JM's 30DS levels 1 and 2, 6 w6 pack, levels 1 ad 2) among many others.
Other than the Jillian Michael's workouts, what else should I try. For the record, I run 4 or 5 days a week, and try to do strength training/cross training/circuit training one or two days a week. I have done some JM workouts (30DS, BFBM, and Ripped) and Biggest Loser workouts. What else on exercise.tv is similar to them, or what else is on exercise.tv that I HAVE to try?
Thanks!
~maddymama

Replies

• MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have really enjoyed the 10 minute yoga stretch from Cardio 360 (under the 10 minute workouts). It's not a workout but is a very nice complement to cardio, strength training, or any time you just feel a little tight or tense and want to stretch a bit. A nice quick guided stretch with a tiny bit of yoga strength added in.
  • maddymama
    Options
    Ohh... I feel tight today (lots of unpacking from moving) I'll have to try that one tonight to relax before bedtime.
    Thank you, MadBabysMama!
    Anyone else?
  • BeeElleTea
    BeeElleTea Posts: 24
    Options
    Exercise tv is perfect for my exercise-related short attention span. I switch it up among 10lb slim down yoga, burn it up cardio, crunch abs & a**, less is more cardio, start walking at home with leslie sansone, yoga refresh and pilates
  • maddymama
    Options
    Excellent ideas..... I'll try those. I did try the 30 minute slim down this am.... and am looking forward try trying more.
    Someone else mentioned a belly dancing one, anyone know what one this was?
    ~maddymama
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of exercise tv, it has helped me exercise during these hot summer months. A few suggestions for you: I'm not sure if you like cardio, weights, or yoga, but you really just need to find which trainers you like through some trial and error. Personally, my favorites are Stephanie Vittorino's 6 round slimdown and Kendall Hogan's cardio bootcamp. Also there are some really awesome HIIT videos under the strength and sculpting section. Best of luck finding what you like!
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    Look on there web site, they have rotations that go with the workouts that are on the On Demand channel. They have a new rotation that includes the workouts for the Butt Bible. Looks interesting.
  • nataleyswan
    Options
    The Butt Bible with Pauline Nordin! TRUST ME!!!! She is super intense! I want to say even better than Jillian :) I was sore for the first few days and haven't seen results like this on my body in years! I recently found a workout plan and meal guidelines too on www.thebuttbible.com! Sorry, I'm a little obsessed!
  • peaksam
    peaksam Posts: 1
    Options
    Completely agreed, I absolutely LOVE Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible!! These workouts do wonders and you will definitely feel them the next day! Otherwise, I love to do all of the videos and I will always try a new one whenever I get time! Another favorite is Incredible Abs with trainer Cindy Whitmarsh, she has some great videos and is a great instructor to follow! You can check out tons of free videos and there are plenty to buy too at http://www.exercisetv.tv/
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I like the 6 round slimdown, although it appears it is going away 8/1. Hope they bring it back again.
  • maddymama
    Options
    I think I'll try Bible Butt tomorrow am.
    So exercise.tv rotates the offerings? That is nice....
  • maddymama
    Options
    I did Butt Bible lower level 1 this am, and then did JM's 6w6p level 1 today.....
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i love exercise.tv...i've got it "on demand" so i can do it whenever i have time (convenient when you have a 2 year old)!! i get bored easily so it gives me the chance to try all kinds of different things. when i buy workout videos i do the same things over and over and over...this way you get all the benefits of workout videos but you can change it up! Personally I love the dance videos (they're like doing a zumba class in your living room), the ab workouts, and any yoga...