What's your favorite pre/post workout meal

Options
BLifts38
BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
Looking for variation to my diet? What's your favorite pre and post workout meal? I work out very early in the morning so something quick and convenient would be helpful!

Replies

• WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I also workout very early (and have zero hunger during daytime hours) so I eat breakfast primarily because I take prescription meds.

I eat Kashi Berryful (shredded wheat with fruit inside) every morning. Topped with raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries. I also have 2 cups of coffee with a bit of milk. The only "slow" part is cutting and washing berries. I don't like "prep" so I just get up a half hour earlier to make/eat it before getting ready for the gym.

Post workout is whatever my significant other is cooking for dinner that night. I typically eat 2x daily.
  • WRLemmon
    WRLemmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    For the morning workouts two microwaved eggs, two turkey sausage patties and one slice of wholegrain toast with two cups of coffee.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Dinner.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Candy pre, during and after. Then whatever I am having for lunch.
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Candy pre, during and after. Then whatever I am having for lunch.

i can get on board with this idea hahha i heard jelly beans are a great post snack
  • mariaromerosolano
    mariaromerosolano Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I workout at 4 AM. Usually just have water with cinnamon and lemon before and after my workout. For breakfast later on around 7 or 8, I'll have a smoothie, eggs and low calorie wheat bread.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Breakfast after my morning rides...dinner after my evening lifting sessions. If I'm on a long ride, I usually suck on a couple of jolly ranchers.