:(

Options
I have been on here for about a month and today was my first day to go over my calories!! I went over by 400 and I am so disappointed and discouraged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I have canceled out all of my hard work! :cry:

Replies

• twoody
    twoody Posts: 42
    Options
    I have been on here for about a month and today was my first day to go over my calories!! I went over by 400 and I am so disappointed and discouraged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I have canceled out all of my hard work! :cry:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    z144154456.jpg

You can do this so don't give up!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Nahh!!! MFP builds in a 500 calorie deficit for you, so you didn't even quite "break even"! It may not have helped your weight loss, but trust me, one day (and 400 tiny calories) will not wreck your hard work!
  • lmclarty
    Options
    A small set back like this should ABSOLUTELY NOT discourage you. If you eat 500 extra calories in one day you have just broken even with what your body needs to maintain. One day I went over my calories by 1000 and I still lost weight that week. Please don't beat yourself up. Everyone has weak moments. What is important now is that get back on track and remain proud of yourself for taking control of your health.

120591.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    First of all, it's GOOD to go over once in a while. You need to let yourself go! It's good for your metabolism, and it's good for your spirit. Plus, you weren't even over maintenance Cals.

Secondly, one bad day doesn't matter. Even one bad week doesn't matter. In a years time if all you did was mess up one day (or two, or three) each month you would still be so far. Living life and enjoying it, being healthy and happy, is more important then trying to be perfect. Cause, believe me, no one ever achives perfect. And thats OKAY! :flowerforyou:
  • twoody
    twoody Posts: 42
    Options
    Thank you guys very much! I appreciate the kind words!
  • rosered51
    Options
    There is another MFP member that has a great little motto on her signature...it says each meal is another chance to make a good choice (or something to that affect).

I also heard John Tesh on the radio this morning say something about a doctor's motto that if you have a bad meal, make sure to follow it up with 5 good meal choices that means your are making a good decision more than 80% of the time. This doctor has lost over 250 lbs.

Remember, the point is overall you are doing a GREAT job. If you "reward" yourself for all your hard work, it will make it that much easier for you to stay committed to this life change. Obviously we all love food, it's the only addiction you can't quit cold turkey and still live. We just have to learn to make better decisions MOST of the time, not ALL of the time.

Be proud of all you have done and accomplished. Let that be your focus not one tiny, minute, minescule, insignificant, not even worth mentioning, little day in a whole string of great days!

I also find that shocking my body every once in a while by going over my allotted calories sometimes does wonders in allowing my body to release more weight. I will be interested in seeing how you do at your next weigh in! How often do you weigh? I do 1x a week.

Anyways, bottom line, I am PROUD of you, so you should be also!:laugh: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down...