Any one that quit hardcore drinking -- what were your fitness steps?

Options
Me and my roomie use to drink 1.75L to 3.50L of hard liqueur a week(each) , I think; most days were unfortunately a black out blur and full of next-morning bruises, broken bones, regretful sex, and destroyed houses. Wondering if any one else out there quit cold turkey and what your diet and exercise routine looked like for the first 2 months. I'm pretty scurred to start keto like I originally planned. I'm even scurred to go back to my 320lb squats; I feel like I need to start from bar weight and work my way up again :/
I've been sober a month and my weight hasn't melted off like most the sober success stories I see on Reddit. Just looking for advice on anyone that may have gone through this, and what your steps were, and details about your transformation; I need serious motivation and the best thing to push me is relatable success stories :)

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't relate. But well done on the month my friend..keep at it :+1:
  • 260scott
    260scott Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have tried going from the bad lifestyle right to keto and failed every time. Keto (at least for me) feels like a rough go right after months of long nights and terrible mornings. I just never had the energy to do my full workouts. There has to be a transition month of just balanced, high nutrition eating and definitely high fiber to clear out the pipes to restore everything alcohol blocked or destroyed. Look into the effects fiber has on high-alcohol diets and exercise. It may be worth a try.