Im so bored... and when im bored i eat

Options
mjtaylor87
mjtaylor87 Posts: 242 Member
Sitting at my desk at work and i am beyond bored. and when im bored all i think about is eating. who wants to talk? about anything really.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    If you're at work, surely there's something work related you could be doing to keep busy? That is what you're being paid to do...
  • mjtaylor87
    Options
    If you're at work, surely there's something work related you could be doing to keep busy? That is what you're being paid to do...

yeah computer work which i am doing. that is what is boring me. i can do this in my sleep any more. trust me i get my work done and i do it very well
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I am this same way.. very much a bored eater. I have to keep myself very busy or very distracted or I blow my calories.

Tell us something you've done that you've never told anyone in your real life. :wink:
  • mjtaylor87
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I am this same way.. very much a bored eater. I have to keep myself very busy or very distracted or I blow my calories.

Tell us something you've done that you've never told anyone in your real life. :wink:

Hmmm that is a tough one. I guess when i used to work for a big grocery store and it was lunch time i would just pick something out and take it to the break room and eat it with out buying it.

how about you??
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    mjtaylor87 wrote: »

Hmmm that is a tough one. I guess when i used to work for a big grocery store and it was lunch time i would just pick something out and take it to the break room and eat it with out buying it.

how about you??

Haha! You fiend. I used to work in a grocery store too, and one time my lips were so chapped that I stuck my fingers in a vaseline jar and rubbed it on my lips. Then I put it back. :hushed:

In our defense, buying the stuff cuts into break time. :smirk:

• chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options

yeah computer work which i am doing. that is what is boring me. i can do this in my sleep any more. trust me i get my work done and i do it very well

There's always that one person with the rude comment..... sheesh! I work at a computer all day too AND get my work done.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sitting at my desk at work and i am beyond bored. and when im bored all i think about is eating. who wants to talk? about anything really.

Talk about anything eh?

(I blocked the search function for this essay)

rld61w2acpog.png
  • mjtaylor87
    Options
    What is your dream job that would excite you ?

to be honest i love me job right now. great pay, great benefits, im really good at it. i just have days like today where nothing big is happening so im a little bored. but if i could go back to school and do anything i would love to be a therapist. But that isnt going to happen right now. so the only thing i would trade this job for would be getting to stay at home with my kids and take on foster parenting
  • mjtaylor87
    Options

how about you??

Haha! You fiend. I used to work in a grocery store too, and one time my lips were so chapped that I stuck my fingers in a vaseline jar and rubbed it on my lips. Then I put it back. :hushed:

In our defense, buying the stuff cuts into break time. :smirk:

Ha so true
  • mjtaylor87
    Options

There's always that one person with the rude comment..... sheesh! I work at a computer all day too AND get my work done.

that is what i thought to but oh weel they dont bother me. i know what im doing and i know i do it well :wink:
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Take very low calorie snacks to munch on. Celery sticks grape tomatoes baby carrots. Blueberries. Strawberries. A Greek yogurt dip to dip it in. Can you get up from your desk every so often and just stretch your legs and walk around for 5 minutes? that may help too.
  • mjtaylor87
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Take very low calorie snacks to munch on. Celery sticks grape tomatoes baby carrots. Blueberries. Strawberries. A Greek yogurt dip to dip it in. Can you get up from your desk every so often and just stretch your legs and walk around for 5 minutes? that may help too.

yes i do walk around quite a bit. get in about 6,000 steps before i even leave work most days. Thing that really sucks ifs the only thing we can eat here is hard cards. so it is everywhere for any one that wants it so i have to keep distracted of i will eat it with out thinking.
  • CPFitnessIsFun
    CPFitnessIsFun Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    OMG this is me right now too. So much going on but none is distracting me enough to not be bored. I'm not even hungry can't really leave my desk but so tired of work :)

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

When you say talk about anything, to me that means post lots of memes.

ta00umdzyxev.jpg
    hrejikzsbmkk.jpg
    nvi03ovb4cn0.png
    khbrf7eewyss.png
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

yes i do walk around quite a bit. get in about 6,000 steps before i even leave work most days. Thing that really sucks ifs the only thing we can eat here is hard cards. so it is everywhere for any one that wants it so i have to keep distracted of i will eat it with out thinking.

Thats why you bring your own snacks. :)
  • mjtaylor87
    Options

Thats why you bring your own snacks. :)

no i mean that is all we are allowed to have between breaks. no other food is allowed on the fllor. not even in my desk. I bring snacks and lunch but i cant get them out till lunch time and that is still an hour and a half away.