Favorite high calorie meal/snack?

Options
Behxo
Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
I'm having my first weekend coming up where I am going to log, a little nervous about how difficult this might be but I already pre-logged something I know that I will be getting.

S'mores cheesecake from the cheesecake factory that comes in at a whopping 1,490 calories which is 70 calories over my calorie intake goal for the day! So I'm going to eat one half on Saturday and one half on Sunday lol.

Cheesecake, ice cream, gummy bears/worms and chocolate are definitely favorites of mine!
Also Domino's pizza, steak and cheese subs, and orange chicken with rice are also at the top. :]

Replies

• BurgerLovinBulker
    BurgerLovinBulker Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Favorite high calorie snack? Oats. I could binge eat oats all day long lol. As for cheat meals - love me some Taco Bell, but since my clean eating, Taco Bell doesn't like me.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Pizza is probably my biggest high cal issue. I have trouble moderating it so I go ahead and enjoy it and log it. What I have found though is that if I make myself log it I will think more carefully about whether or not I really want it. Looking at calories and how things will fit into my day is often enough to make me change my mind about eating something that is going to push me over my daily goal. Not necessarily always and I tend to undereat by a few hundred calories a couple of times a week to bank some for this sort of treat.

Cheesecake is also a favorite and I do sometimes get myself one slice to enjoy. I prefer mine to be the plain old fashioned kind with some strawberries or other fruit on top so not nearly the calories of what you have in mind.

For me it isn't usually the calories that get me though, it is the added salt. Makes me retain 5-8 pounds of water which can take a while to drop back off and can be frustrating and a little discouraging. Keeping this in mind also can make me pause and think more before I eat.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Pizza, American Chinese food, burgers from sit down places, and then the days where normally-would-fits appear a few times in my diary making it an over af day.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Totally depends on the day. Today I am completely craving a Freddy's Steakburger with cheese, fries, fry sauce and a brownie concrete, with a Diet Dr. Pepper, of course. :D If I remember correctly, that's about a 2200 calorie meal. :o
  • kyubeans
    kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Pizza has been on my mind quiiiiiiite a lot lately..... I was toying with the idea of cauliflower pizza crust, but I think I might just have to go ahead and have a slice.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Favorite HIGH calorie meal/snack??

I'd pretty much have to say, "All of it".

@kyucifer fear not the pizza. A single slice from a large thin-crust pizza is generally 300 or less calories. I make my own pizza often and don't jack with the crust. It's just right for a meal for me at about 500 calories.
  • amysteri
    amysteri Posts: 197 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    PEANUTS!
    3 Tablespoons of peanuts is already 170 calories! :o
    but who only eats 3 tablespoons of peanuts? I can eat the whole jar!
    That would most likely wreck my calorie goal :D
  • Behxo
    Options
    Totally depends on the day. Today I am completely craving a Freddy's Steakburger with cheese, fries, fry sauce and a brownie concrete, with a Diet Dr. Pepper, of course. :D If I remember correctly, that's about a 2200 calorie meal. :o

holy butt, that sounds AMAZING! What is a brownie concrete though? Anything with sweets and I'm sold lol
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Behxo wrote: »

holy butt, that sounds AMAZING! What is a brownie concrete though? Anything with sweets and I'm sold lol

It's like a Blizzard, but frozen custard instead of ice cream. 880 calories for a MINI size!!!!!
  • Behxo
    Options

It's like a Blizzard, but frozen custard instead of ice cream. 880 calories for a MINI size!!!!!

100% worth it lol
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2017
    Options

100% worth it lol

Oh, yeah, it is!!!

This is my planned meal after my next powerlifting competition. LOL