Tattoos

Options

Replies

• starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I have 4 total. One on my lower back (*kitten* hat), one on my upper back, two on my chest.

My upper back and chest hurt oh so good. The one on my lower back didn't hurt at all! It felt like sitting in a massage chair.

Get some Aquaphor for after care it's awesome stuff!
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have 4. A fairy on my lower back (tramp stamp as it is so affectionately called), however it is big and goes across my whole lower back, hip to hip. I have a star on my wrist, and clusters of stars on each of my hips.

the back did not hurt very much, the hips were HORRIBLE but that is because i was very thin back then (when i was 18) and the wrist hurt but it only took about 5 minutes so it wasn't too bad!

i got all of mine done by Mo Malone at Iron Age tattoo in STL. However, she has since departed and is working at a shop in San Antonio Texas! If any of you live there and have the opportunity to work with her, she is fabulous!
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have 6 total, 3 on my back it hurts closer to the spine you get...but all in all sooooo worth it.
  • angieaanderson
    Options
    I have 7 tattoos in all.

I have a tribal symbol for "soul" in the middle of my back, just under the base of my neck. Pain factor - 3 out of 10

My son's initials on my right wrist. Pain factor - 3 out of 10.

A girly skull with a ribbon on the left side of my back (my sister and I have this matching tattoo, although she had hers done on her hip. When she got preggos... it spread and it looked like a bat ;) Pain factor - 4 out of 10. Plus, some crazy endorphins and adrenaline hit me all at once while getting it done and I could notttt stop giggling the whole time lol.

Hummingbird on my right side ribs. Pain factor - 12 out of 10! HOLY HELL, this was painful. It literally felt like someone was dragging a hot needle over and over on my skin, trying to cut if out.

Orchids around the hummingbird. Pain factor - 15 out of 10! Got this done about a year after the hummingbird and it hurt like you would nottt believe.

Three stars behind my left ear. Pain factor - 6 out of 10. Not too bad; it just felt like someone was constantly tapping on my skull :)

A pink bow just under my left clavicle. Pain factor - 8 out of 10. Need to get this one fixed since the guy totally scr*wed it up :(

As crazy as it sounds, I'm going back to get my ribs finished up and more than likely, a foot tattoo. I would love a half or quarter sleeve in the future (my husband has a full sleeve on his left arm and a quarter on his right arm) but I work in a corporate America so I'm sure that won't be possible till like, hm-- retirement?

Good luck on yours!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options

Hummingbird on my right side ribs. Pain factor - 12 out of 10! HOLY HELL, this was painful. It literally felt like someone was dragging a hot needle over and over on my skin, trying to cut if out.

Over your ribs are the worst. My husband has many tats and he couldn't believe I wasn't crying or throwing up. I was sweating through it though!
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I personally haven't got any tattoo's although I do like the look of them. I often ponder getting a small one myself maybe, - just a little scared. I don't like needles or anything like that.....ughh!. An ex boyfriend from many years ago, used to have them and i thought they looked fab. It just depends what they depict and where they're placed, I suppose. :happy:

A friend of mine has recenty got the letter V tattooed onto her wrist in the same shade of Red so it looks exact. Looks really good. She had it done as she loves watching V-2009.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I've got three - the first one was on the back of my neck and it hurt, no doubt about it. The other two weren't that bad - left upper arm and right forearm. Getting ready for my next one. Good luck!
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    this wont help much, especially compared to how much everyone else has! I have one on my hip that took a little over an hour, and the pain really wasn't bad at all, uncomfortable, but not painful, I was talking to my friends and the artist the whole time....the shading hurt a little bit, but nothing terrible...the worst part is they tattoo a little bit, then wipe it, then put the needle right where they wiped....after an hour of needles and wiping raw skin, that was annoying. I had just turned 18 at the time and i've been dying to go again since! Just need to figure out what i'd get and where, and i'll be going for another/
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    I have 4 one on the inside of my wrist, one of the outside of my wrist, on on my back shoulder, and one above my ankle. The ankle was the easiest by far. The back the worst for me. My tattoo artist equates it to get scratched on a bad sunburn. I think that is pretty accurate.
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have 4 Tattoo's the first I had done was on my lower back and pain on that was 3/10 2nd is on my foot pain on that was about 5/10 but I had to have it redone as it faded and the pain on the touch up was 15/10. I have one on the inside of my arm it is a pheonix as below pain 2/10
    RwslX.jpg
    and my back peice which is a work in progress below pain 4-7/10
    OuzkR.jpg
  • tiffany_reis
    Options
    I got my first tattoo recently... like last month... birthday present to myself. I ABSOLUTELY love it. But I only really do want one. If I ever do get another, it would just be a small cross, very minimal, just as if I draw two lines with a black pen. I would put it on my ankle, back of my neck or the back of my wrist.

What I have now is about a 3"-4" tribal heart on my very low right abdominal area. It took about 45 minutes and hurt like hell. But you just go numb after a while :). They were great people though, so I kinda forgot about the pocking and jabbing after awhile.

I don't have a high tolerance for pain though, so it could just be me :). If I had to do it over again, I would. I am very happy with it.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have a back piece. Its a tree. The trunk is up my spine starting at the bottom of my shoulder blades and the leaves go up to the base of my neck. It wasnt too bad pain wise at all. There were spots at the bottom of the trunk that really hurt but it only lasted a few seconds. You get that endorphin rush from the pain that sort of numbs it anyways. I have another small one on my wrist and it didnt hurt at all. Getting a new one on collar bone Saturday. This one Im worried about. I think its gonna really hurt! haha
  • youresuchatease
    Options
    I've only got the one in my picture, but I have a LOT more planned. To me, it was hardly painful, I don't know if that is just because of the place I got it, but I have a pretty high pain tolerance anyway. If I'm honest for most of it I found it pretty ticklish, and the only bit that was uncomfortable was on my collarbone.
  • youresuchatease
    Options
    I've only got the one in my picture, but I have a LOT more planned. To me, it was hardly painful, I don't know if that is just because of the place I got it, but I have a pretty high pain tolerance anyway. If I'm honest for most of it I found it pretty ticklish, and the only bit that was uncomfortable was on my collarbone.
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    I have 4 ... ankle, one at the base of my neck, one on each shoulder blade. None of them hurt too that bad. I want to get my ankle redone and when I hit my goal, I want a big tree on my side ... that is going to hurt like HELL!!!
  • llkeefe
    llkeefe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have one on my wrist, but it didn't really hurt. Just a slight sting. Now my nose piercing, that hurt! Made my eyes water and everything.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I want a tattoo so freakin' bad. I hate being broke and not knowing where my "career" is going to take me (if I ever get one - LOL).
  • FLDancingQueen
    FLDancingQueen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have seven tattoos and one still in progress. Locations: lower back, inner left wrist, left foot, outer right thigh, left side/hip, right shoulder/back, chest, and left shoulder/back in progress. Honestly everybody has a different pain tolerance and my most painful tattoo was the lower back. The second most painful would be any tat on my back that was near/on the spine. It sounds like you're getting alot of work done and will probably get it done in separate sessions. A good tattoo is not cheap, so take your time, find an awesome artist, take care of your tats and I'm sure it's gonna look bad *kitten*!! Good luck and post a pic up when you get any work done :)
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Options
    I have 8. The ones on my calves hurt the most... Almost fell asleep with my back ones LOL
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Options
    how do you post pics here?