Nuwave Oven - worth it?

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Alright, I'm staying in an extended stay type of hotel suite for a long term stay for work and don't have an oven. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to buy a Nuwave Oven so I can cook more meals. I got a nice frying pan to use on the cook top, but onyl have so much room to store things so getting a bunch of gadgets doesn't make sense (such as getting a big crock pot, and big pots/veggie steamer/etc).

Replies

• Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    When i first moved my oven broke. I used a large crock pot in its place. Nearly everything i could cook in the oven i used in it. Was quite handy as well as using for the slow cooker aspect. I have counter top oven like the one you mentioned I used it ALOT at first but now it just sits in my cabinet. I gotta admit though it does cook food to be more tender/moist
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Thanks for your input! :) Maybe I'll look at a few crokpots as well..
  • michellerenee22
    michellerenee22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Make sure if you get a crockpot you get one with a programmable timer! I put stuff in the pot at night and keep in the fridge- then turn on in the morning and set the timer so it doesnt overcook! I just have the hamilton beach one and it works great. It is very easy and then its ready when you get home from work :)
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    that's a good point, crockpots that have the programmable features on them.. hmmmmm
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Can't go wrong with a rice cooker. Can be used for a lot of dishes and are typically very small.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Definitely go with a crockpot, it's more versatile IMO. If it's just you, you can get a smaller one that doesn't take up as much space. They have tons of healthy crockpot recipes on pintrest.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I've heard bad things about the Nuwave Oven from someone who owned one, but have no personal experience. Try Amazon reviews.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Can't go wrong with a rice cooker. Can be used for a lot of dishes and are typically very small.
    Never thought about using a rice cooker. I actually thought they were only for rice. :) thanks for the idea

Definitely go with a crockpot, it's more versatile IMO. If it's just you, you can get a smaller one that doesn't take up as much space. They have tons of healthy crockpot recipes on pintrest.
    aaahhhh yes, Pinterest - I haven't been on there in what seems like forever. Good call!

I've heard bad things about the Nuwave Oven from someone who owned one, but have no personal experience. Try Amazon reviews.
    I guess I could check out Amazon reviews.

thanks you guys for your input :flowerforyou:
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I had something like the nuwave. I hated cleaning it. It got oil spatter all over the huge glass lid if I cooked meat. I suggest getting a toaster oven instead. If you have the money, get a turbo blender. You can make hot soups, smoothies, batters, hummus. All kinds of good stuff, and they are really easy to clean. Cleaning my Blendtec is usually just a matter of rinseing it off.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    As long as it's not a 'death box', I say go for it. :laugh:
  • Shampres
    Shampres Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I use my NuWave oven at least four times a week. It cooks food from frozen to moist and fully cooked and delicious within half an hour, and it can roast your vegetables alongside the meat. I've used it for potatoes and cupcakes, too. It is incredibly easy to use and the food always comes out the way you want it to. It is absolutely worth it. There are no downsides except for counter space, but that's a minor thing.
  • Shampres
    Shampres Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well, cleaning it is a bit of a hassle if you're in an extended stay. I use my dishwasher, but I'd still use it the same if I had to hand wash it. I put a small tray in the bottom to catch drippings and that makes it much easier.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I use my NuWave oven at least four times a week. It cooks food from frozen to moist and fully cooked and delicious within half an hour, and it can roast your vegetables alongside the meat. I've used it for potatoes and cupcakes, too. It is incredibly easy to use and the food always comes out the way you want it to. It is absolutely worth it. There are no downsides except for counter space, but that's a minor thing.

How do you keep it clean? Do you cook in covered dishes? Mine was an older version and I hated cleaning it.

Oh, you already answered my question lol. Thanks!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I had something like the nuwave. I hated cleaning it. It got oil spatter all over the huge glass lid if I cooked meat. I suggest getting a toaster oven instead. If you have the money, get a turbo blender. You can make hot soups, smoothies, batters, hummus. All kinds of good stuff, and they are really easy to clean. Cleaning my Blendtec is usually just a matter of rinseing it off.

toaster oven is another good idea. thanks!

I just got a Ninja Professional blender set (has the smaller bowl for mixing dough) and it's pretty easy to clean out.
  • RoseTears143
    Options

I do have a diswasher :D Thanks for your input! I wondered about cooking the meat and veggies together...do the veggies ever get overcooked as they don't normally take as long as meat to cook.
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have a Nuwave oven and absolutely love it. I use it several times a week, and also use it to meal prep my food. It seriously cooks your meat.. perfectly juicy!! Lol. I also love throwing some vegetables in there and it makes some delicious roasted veggies. The only thing I have an issue with is cleaning it. Other than that it's definitely worth the money!
  • danaagaynor
    danaagaynor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Where do you find recipes for the jo
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    RINat612 wrote: »

I second the rice cooker. Mine does several types of rice, rice porridge, steams, and slow cooks. Some even bake cake. Mine has a carrying handle and a retractable cord as well so it's easily portable. I have a book called Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook that has great recipes for all kinds of dishes as well as a good explanation of how rice cookers work. A toaster oven might be nice, but a little awkward to travel with.