I finally hit my goal (pics)

ericatoday
ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
edited June 2017 in Success Stories
My name is Erica and I'm almost 27 years old. Throughout high school I always fluctuated between 140-145 and never felt fat because well I wasn't. At 17 I got pregnant and actually dropped to 130lbs (thank you morning sickness) so I felt good knowing I probably won't gain too much weight like my mom told me I would. Well she was right after 5 months I graduated high school and had nothing to do my ex husband had joined the army my friends were out drinking so I was left home eating. I went from 130 at 3 months pregnant to end my pregnancy at 190 terrifying lbs. After my son was born I stayed at around 175 for a few years but I honestly never felt fat I always thought I looked good. But I decided to lose weight when my son 4-5 and got down to 155 but then some emotional *kitten* happened and I gave up. And shot right back to 175 in about a month. Then I decided okay I got this and then I was pregnant with my second son I only gained 26lbs with him I tried my hardest and after him I was 178. I tried losing weight after he was born but it kept messing with my milk supply so decided to wait until he was 1 yo to stop breastfeeding and lose the weight. Again I never realized I was fat at this point. But then I started looking at pictures and my idea to lose weight turned into a priority because darn it I just saw I was huge(to me). And thanks to mfp I was able to lose the 40 lbs that was my goal at 135. But I knew I could do better and changed my goal this yeah to 125 and dangit I did it finally.

I fell in love with hiking, running, trail running. I love eating healthy foods and feeling great. I love feeling sexy in my own skin. And I love that I have the energy for my two kids and that they get to grow up healthy and active with me.

Mfp has not only taught me to watch my calories but to watch what foods to put in my mouth. I still eat all the foods I love why give them up but there's just less of them. I did a lot of my weight loss without exercise so no you don't need it but it is great for you.

And I can tell you right now after 21 months of weight loss there's no going back this wasn't a diet this was a life style change and it was an empowering experience. It makes me realize that I can do anything if I put the work in. And so can you. It really isn't that hard if you want it.

Good luck to everyone on their goals.

I'm 5'7
From 175-125

p2lipxvflf07.jpg

kxy385c65gwp.jpg

kxuotswe3sch.jpg
ifoacy9xfcge.jpg

Replies

• rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Amazing achievement, you should be very proud of yourself!
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Congratulations, you should be proud of what you have achieved
  • ericatoday
    Amazing achievement, you should be very proud of yourself!
    Congratulations, you should be proud of what you have achieved

Thank you. I really am proud of myself which is an amazing feeling all on its own.
  • HealthyGoalie1
    HealthyGoalie1 Posts: 74 Member
    kids-yay-gif.gif
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    congrats you look amazing
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Congrats and a big YAY!!!! to you!!!!
  • Judikim118
    Judikim118 Posts: 201 Member
    Awesome
  • George8383
    George8383 Posts: 69 Member
    Fantastic
  • ericatoday
    kids-yay-gif.gif
    suemcmurry wrote: »
    Congrats and a big YAY!!!! to you!!!!
    Judikim118 wrote: »
    Awesome
    George8383 wrote: »
    Fantastic

Thank you. I seriously couldn't have done it without mfp so don't get discouraged on your goals. I hit plateaus for months sometimes. Took me 6 months to lose the last 10.
  • meganw2020
    meganw2020 Posts: 107 Member
    You look wonderful, congrats on all your hard work!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    WOW WHAT A TRANSFORMATION!!!! You look awesome!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Great job!!! You took years off!! Absolutely beautiful!
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Wow
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Very good! Now, get your tape measure and record these numbers for your lifelong reference. Let nothing other than temporary pregnancy expand them.
  • ericatoday
    Syneea wrote: »
    Great job!!! You took years off!! Absolutely beautiful!

Thank you. This comment felt great. I feel younger. So that was sweet. Thank you.
  • wennycerry
    wennycerry Posts: 7 Member
    This is so inspiring. Well done!
  • SUMON6W
    SUMON6W Posts: 3 Member
    U look great!! I have a question ,how did u lose the belly fat? I too have belly fat (sagging) :), after pregnancy.Want to know ways to lose it. Yours is perfect.
  • OY74NmFGBL
    OY74NmFGBL Posts: 384 Member
    You look great!!! Awesome job on your lifestyle change. I got 10 more to 125. Original goal was 135 too. Can't wait to be there like yoy. Inspiring
  • ericatoday
    U look great!! I have a question ,how did u lose the belly fat? I too have belly fat (sagging) :), after pregnancy.Want to know ways to lose it. Yours is perfect.

Honestly I never even worried about belly fat I just lost the weight. I still have a stomach. That photo was taken in the morning before eating anything. I just wanted to be 125. It probably would've helped if I did weight training but that's boring I just run and hike mostly with slight weight training barely. Sorry I can't be more help with that all I did was watch what I eat
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!