What part about dieting that makes you smile.

Options
Jumping back on the Diet Exercise wagon kind of sucks.
For all the effort, with exercise and food and fatigue there are some pretty great parts that make you smile.
For example....every time I tighten my belt a Notch...causes a little smile inside that makes me happy.
I was just curious what makes you smile : - ) during these hard times.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Lifting PRs
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I exercise regularly regardless of whether I'm in maintenance or cutting. I can honestly say, there's nothing that really makes me smile on a cut...I just want it over and done. My first go around was different...losing 40 Lbs and shrinking made me smile. But I put on 10 Lbs of winter weight every year and always kick myself because I hate the cut...
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I like the challenge of cutting and get a little kick each time I lose a pound :) . I'm trying to enjoy maintenance o:) . I do smile when I see how much more food I get than when I'm cutting :) , but it's way too easy to overeat :/.
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The results :wink:
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Sitting back on a warm summer evening with a glass of wine in my hand. B)

cheers, h.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have never been super motivated by the scale per se- it is definitely how I feel with more energy and the results I have been getting, specifically with lifting. I look at myself in the mirror way more often now and although I still have a ways to go to hit a healthy weight, I can see the changes in my body happening the way I want them. I just feel more in control, that I am making progress, and it feels great.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    When my clothes look better and that pad of fat disappears out of the small of my back.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I'm going with the results too. When I look good and feel good I smile
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I just lost an inch off my waist and that made me smile big time!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Seeing all the hard work of my bulk cycle finally showing through. Yas. Oh and being lighter for pull-up PRs. Yas.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Shopping in my closet and wearing my goal clothes.
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Realizing that my 'skinny' clothes fit me again. Big smile
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    The excited puppy jumping up and down as I put my sneakers on makes me smile. Also when he stands by me in the kitchen and begs for cucumbers. Now I have to always have cucumbers in the house.
  • evergreenlake
    evergreenlake Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When I see the little physical changes, two days ago I noticed that the little fat folds around my underarms is gone! Those are the best parts of seeing that my new macros levels are working
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I saved a ton of clothes from before my last 2 babies. Every time I get into something that used to be too small I get so excited! Also when I notice body parts popping through that I haven't seen in a while (like collar bones, ribs, hip bones, and various muscles getting defined) oh and the compliments from friends and family! I eat that *kitten* up. And seeing a lower number in the 10's digit on the scale!
  • xmusicloverr
    xmusicloverr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This is kinda vain, but compliments from friends each time I see them. They're in college, so we can only meet up after every semester, but when they notice that I've changed, it's the best feeling ever
  • grayblackmfp
    grayblackmfp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Scales going down.
    Having to buy smaller clothes.
    Being able to do the more difficult options at classes.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    When I feel something hard on my thigh, and then realize it IS my thigh.