Lunch ideas

Options
Hey! I'm trying to eat more healthy but struggling on what to take to work for lunches. Has anyone got any suggestions? At the minute I've been taking chicken and veg with a couple of small new potatoes but i don't want to be eating that everyday.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    What did you eat before?
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I work from home but my partner usually takes leftovers from the night before or I make a large salad or sub in the morning.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine and a salad.
  • fishcat123
    fishcat123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Big salads with protein: kale + tofu +sesame oil + ponzu sauce, watermelon + feta + nuts + basil, Greek, Caesar, kale Caesar. These can be calorie bombs if you go overboard with nuts, cheese, or oil, so be careful with portioning.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    If you get sick of chicken, other lean proteins include turkey (ground turkey makes great tacos and chili), pork tenderloin (makes good stir fry and sandwiches) and tofu (I like it grilled, in wraps). Trying flavors from different countries such as Greek, Mexican, and Indian food can keep things from getting boring.

Leftovers on a salad, wrap, or rice / quinoa bowl can be a timesaver.
  • emilyp99
    emilyp99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find eating leftovers of meals I really like helps me with lunches, plus its half the work cause you only make it once:)
    Some of my favorites are meatloaf, zoodles (zucchini noodles) with meatballs/sauce, sautéed vegetables, stir fries, cauliflower rice, etc.
    I suggest checking out blogs or pinterest for recipe inspiration!
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I usually make up something that I can take to lunch (or have for an easy dinner) on Sunday...shepherds pie (more veggies than other stuff), chicken fajita salad, bean or veggie soup, etc. I will also take leftovers from dinner the night before, especially if we eat out (usually have half a sandwich left or somesuch since restaurant meals that I like tend to be sky high calories :-)).