Wii Fitness workout

Options
Does the Wii fitness really work? If so, what is the best workout that is fun to do? Or, what fitness do you enjoy doing most?

Replies

• ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I enjoy the Wii fitness because there is such a variety. I try to do some of the strength training, and a lot of cardiovascular, such as the free run, advanced step, etc. Just gives you a lot of different choices, and it does work. My clothes are a lot looser, even though the scale doesn't see it. It's great to put a pair of jeans on that are very loose. Take care.
  • Tdavy814
    Tdavy814 Posts: 28
    Options
    I like doing most of them but the yoga is really hard, good variety...
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I got the Zumba workout recently and I love it! I'm going to get the Pilates one too soon:)
  • peacestar84
    peacestar84 Posts: 100
    Options
    I definitely incorporate wii workouts about 3 days a week. I do wii fit plus, gold's gym cardio (boxing) and I just started wii zumba. There seems to be a variety of things out there. I've been losing weight with it.
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    The Wii Fit that requires the balance board is wonderful! I can feel my back getting stronger everyday, which is a friggin' miracle!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Love Wii fitness. . . I use an HRM to get an accurate calorie burn as well as make sure that I am within my target heart rate. . . I would say . . . I love my Zumba and Just Dance 2. .. .

I play the boxing, golf and bowling with my daughter.
  • kms450
    kms450 Posts: 5
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds before I joined MFP using just Wii Fit. I usually tried to do about thirty minutes of aerobics (free run, boxing, advanced step obviously, but the biking is also really good and engaging) and then about 15-20 of the yoga & strength that I would mix up depending on which body parts I was focusing on. It worked for me and I still use it! Good luck!
  • LauriTerrell
    LauriTerrell Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I suppose that it is like anything else, it can work if you are serious and stick with it. I have actually seen fairly decent results with it. I would say that the definition of fitness falls in line more with an Eastern, as opposed to a Western, philosophy with a high emphasis on balance and core toning. Running through all of the yoga and strength activities give a decent work out, but I find doing a yoga video to be more satisfying just because you have to select each activity and there is no way to progressively move from one activity to the next automatically. I do find myself drawn to the advanced rhythm boxing (bumped up a notch by wearing wrist weights) as well as the advanced and free step activities... these can provide a decent quick cardio work out when done repeatedly or in conjunction with each other.
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    Options
    I love the "Gold's Gym's Dance Workout" for the Will is the most fun for me. Also, the Wii Fit Plus has some fun games...that YES, they work. Or so says my HRM. It's fun and a great workout in the privacy of your own home.
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    I absolutely love the EA Active Sports game. There's a second one out I think, but I just have the first one and it's been great so far for me. I've been hearing really great things about the Zumba and Just Dance games so I'm considering getting those too. I have the Wii fit and Fit Plus, but I never got anything from it. I felt that those were fun. Some of the exercises on them were good like the hula hoop and balance games.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I like doing the Wii (I do the Wii More Active and Wii Fitness Plus) because it's a fun workout and adds variety to my workouts. Great for easy strength training.
  • naeswirl
    naeswirl Posts: 56
    Options
    Do not underestimate that Wii Fitness!!! I love the Super Hula hoop and the balance game. (I am not sure if this is on Wii Sports or Wii Fitness) But either way don't sleep on the Wii.

Me:)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I love the wii boxing and super hula hoop wanna get the pilates