KETO - first day.

Options
It was a hectic day. Changing habits isn't easy, but I look forward to getting my body in ketosis!

Replies

• dillydaisys
    dillydaisys Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Today is my 12th day and yesterday and today I've really been feeling it. I've got the keto flu I think. I wish you well
  • Marylaybull
    Marylaybull Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have officially started though day one was a bust. keto is a lot to learn, hopefully I get the hang of it soon becauseI have a long way to go to meet my weight goals.
  • franchescaquiroz
    franchescaquiroz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my 12th day in keto and my real second day following protocol. I seem to be weak for cravings so I'm doing the protidiet alternatives. Hang in there. Hopefully both of us make it through.
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    It gets better. Start drinking powerade zero - it helps tremendously with the keto flu. Remember to drink more water than you think you need, and salt everything. It's so much easier when you're not dehydrated.
  • dillydaisys
    dillydaisys Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I went to bed at 7:30 last night which I never do. I had a slight fever and chills. It's 10:30 am now and feel very weak. I'll keep up the fluids but might miss my daily walk for today. I'm not getting cravings or anything.
  • StacyDMomof3
    StacyDMomof3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been on a very low carb /high fat diet for 21 days, lost 20lbs so far. I cannot completely do a full on Ketogenic diet due to breastfeeding but I am consuming good carbs. I have been doing so much research about the Keto diet and I can't wait to try it, but for now...duty calls for me to be a nursing mom
  • lplanck4
    lplanck4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How low of carbs is in the Ketogenic Diet?
  • foodcraver
    foodcraver Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    20 carbs
  • foodcraver
    foodcraver Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Any of you that would like info, check out 100 down. It is a podcast/you tube videos of a very smart man who lost 100 pounds on keto and share a LOT of info.