That annoying thing....

That thing where you've lost a good amount of weight (35lbs) and you're still a long way from your goal and it's just like "my god, how fat was I?" Because you've lost a lot of weight but you're still quite big and it's a weird mix of pride (yay success) and depression (ugh so far to go still).

Or is it only me?

Replies

• InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    I get it! I've lost 30lbs nearly and although I know that's half way to my goal there's still a little voice saying "omg, why am I not slim yet?!". Like I still can't quite believe I'm not suddenly three sizes smaller.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    I get it. I'm right on track for 2017. I should be at 26 pounds; I've lost 27 pounds, a little over my goal. I want to lose a pound a week then reevaluate for an ultimate goal. I am starting to really see the changes, but still .......
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    I'm going through the I lost 60 pounds think I'm super skinny and can't figure out where those remaining 80 pounds are supposed to come from thing. I'm still quite obese according to my scale! So some of us are in even stranger positions.
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Yes! This is SO me right now!
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    zeldon919 wrote: »
    That thing where you've lost a good amount of weight (35lbs) and you're still a long way from your goal and it's just like "my god, how fat was I?" Because you've lost a lot of weight but you're still quite big and it's a weird mix of pride (yay success) and depression (ugh so far to go still).

Or is it only me?

I feel ya! Definitely not alone. Hang in there, you've come so far! Keep going! :smiley:
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    You're doing great. Set small goals so that you are getting more of those yay success moments. They feel so good and are so good for us in my opinion. And don't be depressed you've come a long way and have started some excellent habits that will get you to your goal
  • zeldon919
    zeldon919 Posts: 118 Member
    Oh, I'm not depressed I'm doing fine, and I've got at least 50lb more to lose, but every once in a while reality hits like a Mack truck when you're on a confidence high.
  • zeldon919
    zeldon919 Posts: 118 Member
    Good to know I'm not alone in this.
  • xmusicloverr
    xmusicloverr Posts: 100 Member
    Omg my friend tagged me in a pic on fb of when I was at my highest weight, and I swear I almost deactivated my account
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I went through that. At about my halfway point I actually gave up for awhile. 240 down to 190, and it was kind of hard to swallow. Now I'm down to 140 ish with 10 more pounds to go.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Right there with you!!! Just gotta keep reminding yourself nothing happens overnight.
  • CoueCoue
    CoueCoue Posts: 69 Member
    Well done all of you for keeping on keeping on. Well impressed!
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    I feel like that still and I am only 2lbs from goal. Feel like I should be really happy and proud, but I just look in the mirror and think that's not what I was expecting to look like at goal weight. New goal I guess?