Awkward Question but PLEASE help..

Options
Okay... This is a little weird but I am going to ask anyways.. I have lost 24 pounds and yet my chest is still not getting any smaller. I have always been big chested. My bra size right now is a 38 DDD.. I didn't type that wrong.. DDD is correct and everyone I know who has lost weight has lost a lot in their chest yet 24 pounds down and NOTHING!! I HATE it.. I always have back pains and without surgery there is nothing I can do.. So I'm asking you guys if anyone knows of a exercise I can do that could possibly help me out.. I'm seriously sick of the back pain..

Replies

• suzylow
    suzylow Posts: 2
    Options
    I found that when I lost my boobs went last. How much more weight do you want to lose?
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Try some core body strength exercises, to strengthen your back. Squats, crunches and that sort of thing.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous...I lost 4 inches and 1 full cup size since I've lost weight...oh well...

I'm sorry I can't think of any good exercises--but I know that when I've had issues with my back it always helped to strengthen my abs and core muscle :)
  • Tabby615
    Tabby615 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Another 50 pounds...
  • Rowann
    Rowann Posts: 86
    Options
    Regardless of the fact that breasts are made up of fat, some of just don't lose them. I'm nearly 70lb down, and I still have my G cup girls (granted the back size has gone down).

If nobody can come up with some exercises that work for you then the best advice is to invest in some really good bras (which I'm sure you already know if you're bigger up top). The majority of women are wearing the wrong size for them. Getting a fitting done by someone who has been properly trained, and trying on the bras before you buy them, is an absolute must.

If you're in the UK then I'd personally recommend Rigby and Pellor, they aren't cheap, but are very good quality. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for... and since I started getting proper fittings my breast induced backache has completely gone.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    If new bras don't help, you may want to see if your medical insurance covers a reduction (due to chronic back pain).
  • kelvanfleet
    kelvanfleet Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a 40 DDD, I have lost 30lbs. and want my chest to be smaller too. I have lost 3 inches but nothing in cup size. I just keep hoping the more I lose that eventually I will go down...I would be happy a DD at least they have some pretty and sexy bras in that size but ultimately I would love to be a D. We'll just have to keep going to see how it all works out.....Good luck!!
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    RUN! It worked for me...
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I am a 38 DDD too. I couldn't believe it when the lady at the bra store laid that number on me! And that was after a 100 pound loss. I used to get back pain a lot, but not any more. But I have a lot of muscle tone in my back. One thing that helped was not working my chest muscles as much..I like doing bench press. It was tightening my chest muscles and pulling my shoulders forward and putting strain on my upper back. I only work my chest lightly and always stretch my pecs every day, and I work to strengthen my upper back muscles. That has seemed to help because I rarely get back pain now.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm down 19 lbs and have only lost 1 inch off my chest (not in the cup but in the band size). When I asked this questions, the biggest comment I got is that...well, some people just stay big chested. Just keep up the good work, take off some more lbs and see what happens. Hopefully you'll lose some of your chest later on! I know that's what I'm hoping for, and I hate being a 36"DD
  • ktndj82104
    ktndj82104 Posts: 85
    Options
    I lost a lot of my chest while doing kickboxing. The turns and punches really slimmed down my whole top area chest and back.
  • kochany
    kochany Posts: 32
    Options
    whats your exercise routine, do you do strength training and cardio or just food restriction?
  • jshmans
    jshmans Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm bigger than that right now and I've had surgery before. When I manage to lose weight and go down, they don't change. Some people may lose it last but some people just ARE that size. It's too soon to tell for you, of course, but I think there are a few chest exercises you could do to at least help a little of the pain. I don't remember them but you can probably google for that. 24 pounds is a great start and you should try to just focus on the overall goals. I've gained a whole lot of weight but at SOME point around college I was actually a correct weight and I was still bursting out of sizes you're talking about now. That was about a hundred pounds ago. Some people just have them. If that's you and you've lost all or most of the weight to your goal, you could start checking into surgery. If you have documented pain and you've lost the weight and you're still big and hurting you might be able to get your health insurance to cover the surgery. But seriously, you don't want to think surgery until you're at or close to your goal. Just keep at losing the weight and try to do chest and back exercises -- just any regular strength training for chest and back muscle groups. I've also found that even if I can't sleep on my back (yes, of course I'm a side and stomach sleeper), at least laying on my back for a while with my knees up alleviates some pain for a while as well as some warming pillow/pads (the type you can toss in the microwave). 24 pounds is a lot, so be proud of yourself and keep at it! Good luck!! :)
  • mesafford
    mesafford Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Several women I know (including myself) have seen their chests shrink down after adding strength training to their workouts (a lot of us were just doing cardio and very light weights and the chest didn't go anywhere). I don't know if it's scientific or anything, but that's definitly when I said goodbye to the ladies. In fact, I'd like a little back... lol.
  • georgiajuly
    georgiajuly Posts: 126
    Options
    Agree with strength training. Work on your upper back muscles with lat pulldowns, pullups, and rows. That should help with the pain, and then you can see where you are you reach goal weight.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Okay... This is a little weird but I am going to ask anyways.. I have lost 24 pounds and yet my chest is still not getting any smaller. I have always been big chested. My bra size right now is a 38 DDD.. I didn't type that wrong.. DDD is correct and everyone I know who has lost weight has lost a lot in their chest yet 24 pounds down and NOTHING!! I HATE it.. I always have back pains and without surgery there is nothing I can do.. So I'm asking you guys if anyone knows of a exercise I can do that could possibly help me out.. I'm seriously sick of the back pain..

I did a body wrap at a spa (not long term results for weight loss) and I lost over a full cup size in two hours! I know that it is hard to believe but when I gained back the lost inches a while after the wrap the bust never came back. I told the lady to concentrate on my bust and she did, but I was very pleased with the results. :flowerforyou:
  • suzylow
    suzylow Posts: 2
    Options
    The more fat you lose and the more strength training you add, the more your chest size will reduce. While some women will stay naturally larger, if you get small, build muscle and reduce your body fat percentage, you will go down cup sizes. Have you had a body fat measurement? Set a body fat goal and go for it with clean eating, cardio and strength training. It will set you free.