53lbs March 3rd to July 27th - The end of the beggining. Wit

Options
zainyk
zainyk Posts: 35 Member
So I am coming to the end of my six months in the US and will be heading to New York on Saturday for a week to celebrate my birthday, and then finally next week I will head back to London, 53-56lbs lighter. As some of you know, no one back home has seen a picture of me for 6 months nor seen me at all and only my parents know i have been trying to lose weight. I will be interested to see if they notice. My goal was to lose 4 stone (56lbs) in five months and it looks as though I may well do exactly that.

My waist has gone from 50 inches to 40 inches, I actually fit into a size 40 waist and it is a little loose! I haven't had a 40 inch waist since high school.

My chest has gone from 51 inches to 42.5 inches. My neck from nearly 19 to just under 17 inches.

I fit into XL tops now and a 44 chest blazer. That is from being in XXXL tops and 51 inch blazer. Yep, I can shop in normal stores again.

I think I have done pretty well for just under 5 months. Now to see if I can keep going once I get home and am confronted with everything I left behind six months ago, but I feel like I have broken the back of my weight problem. 200lbs by Christmas is now my aim.

Here is a pic of me just over six months ago, probably at 290 or so pounds, and a picture of me tonight at 234.8 pounds. What do you think?

Screenshot2011-07-27at212548-2-1.png

And the photo i took the day before I left London and tonight. This one is embarrassing.

Screenshot2011-07-27at215220.png

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    awesome work man....53 lbs is awesome! people will definitely notice that's a fair amount of weight and especially in under 6 months. congrats./
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Your friends and family are going to freak out! Good work!
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Very proud!!! And I am sure your family and friends will notice the difference!!! I do!!!
  • jshmans
    jshmans Posts: 8
    Options
    Wow that's great! This is really inspiring. I'm going to tell your story to my husband and maybe it'll inspire him, too! I've been struggling for a long time now and I'm in grad school and I've sometimes felt lately that it's impossible to lose a significant amount of weight in a short amount of time. But that isn't true at all and I really love the reminder!! Great job!! I bet being able to head back to normal stores again must be incredible. I'm sure you could hit 200 by Christmas, too! :)
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Oh they will DEFINITELY notice! good for you, and what a surprise you will be!
  • HollandTaylor
    Options
    You look great! Of course they're gonna notice! Now how about a SMILE in one of these pictures? I mean gracious. You should be so proud! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!