Hello, my name is Christina and I am addicted to food...

Options
Hi, my name is Christina and I need to lose weight! I am a Soldier in the US Army and was having some major issues with my back and a problem with excuses lately and need to get back to me! In the last two months I had to have gained about 10 lbs, putting me at where I am now, 175lbs. I would love to get back down to 140 by December. I need to be more motivated and not fall off the path, or get distracted. So I am hoping I can use this forum to get to my goal by December and feel good about deploying in January...

Replies

• mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You have 30 + lbs to lose..I have 25 + lbs to lose...maybe we should be friends and we can motivate each other? I am also quite to lover of food :)
  • black0922
    black0922 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello Christina! First off Thank you for your service. I am a Marine Corps vet myself with dreams of reenlisting but I would have to lose a weeeeee bit of weight lol (I've had 2 kids since I got out). This is a great site and feel free to add me! The more friends/support, the merrier!!!
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    First of all, hats of to you and everyone else that is serving our country - you rock! This is a great site with lots of support. Best of luck with your weight loss goals and feel free to add me if you would like another friend.
  • AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hey Christina! I have a tad bit more weight to lose than you do (40lbs) but feel free to friend me and we can keep each other motivated! Also, Thank you for your service- Its nice to see the women kicking butt too ;)
  • megskin15
    megskin15 Posts: 94
    Options
    Hi Christina.... :) Good luck in your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • banjjo
    banjjo Posts: 89
    Options
    I love food too. You can do this! :) Welcome!
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me!
  • snowman8wa
    snowman8wa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Christina, Welcome.....I have full faith in you. As a Marine of 81/2 years and then in the NV ARNG OCS program, I understand what you're going through with weight. What is the Military saying? Anything yet? That in itself, can be enough to be self-motivating. I never ended up in remedial PT, but it means a LOT of work to stay out of that.

Personally, my wife and I both love to cook and eat; which means we MUST pay attention to what we are doing. So far, we love MFP, It really helps you keeping track of FOOD. After a few days here getting things set up with WHAT you usually eat and how much, you will be able to see what you are doing to yourself. And yes, we all do this to ourselves. For you to win this battle, you must understand yourself and what triggers you to eat. You must be honest. Feel free to read my blog about my personal battle with food and diets.

Good Luck and Semper Fi Soldier.....