Ready to get serious about my weight and health

Options
I am not "new" to my fitness pal, I downloaded the app several years ago and that was pretty much it.. I have Almost given completely up on myself to becoming healthy. I was raised in the south and it was just an understood thing that we didn't discuss our weight, ever. So this is incredibly hard for me to step out of my comfort zone and just put myself out there. I recently moved to florida almost 2 years ago and I LOVE IT but, I have gained 45 pounds just in 18 months, and I will be 41 in 2 weeks. This time I need to get serious, not only for myself but for my children. Any helpful ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Taking control.. Go you! More calories out than in and you should be good :) It's just science. Good luck
  • Rubysue17
    Rubysue17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    try to eat food closest to their natural state, not a lot of processed junk! Stay away from fried foods, sweets and watch the fat content. Also weigh and measure everything! Oh and only weigh yourself once a week. I used to weigh myself every single day and became so obsessed. Now I weigh on Friday or Saturday morning and am glad to say the obsessing is gone! Good luck to you - YOU.GOT.THIS!
  • Mizdedicated
    Mizdedicated Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Count calories...that has helped me a lot.
  • thomasegbert09
    thomasegbert09 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This app helped me understanding portions and serving sizes. You need to start exercising. Start small and build yourself up.
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    The first step is recognizing, you're there. Start tracking your food, cutting your portions down and getting some activity in. Best of luck!