Salt- puffiness?

Options
Hey guys my question is basically does having too much salt cause puffiness in the face? After losing about 50 lbs I recently had a month off from weight loss and just stated maintaining having maintenance calories. Now that the month it over I'm back onto my final bit of weight loss and recently have started eating cleaner, and drinking loads of water. I've noticed my face appears sooo much slimmer than when I was at maintenance cals. This has happened in a matter of days. It's crazy, Idk what has caused this. The cheek and double chin area just seems way less! Has anyone had this before and is it actually water retention from salt?! Thank youuu!! :)

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    High salt/sodium consumption can cause water retention, so yes
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I notice high salt days leave my face, ankles and fingers puffy. Joys of water retention
  • drew87d
    drew87d Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. Puff right up after eating something that has a lot of sodium. Drinking a lot of water helps me keep that down. Congrats on the weight loss and keep it up! :smile:
  • mehreen_xo
    mehreen_xo Posts: 78 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I notice high salt days leave my face, ankles and fingers puffy. Joys of water retention
    drew87d wrote: »
    I have this problem too. Puff right up after eating something that has a lot of sodium. Drinking a lot of water helps me keep that down. Congrats on the weight loss and keep it up! :smile:

Thank you both! It's not just me then! First time I noticed anything like this as I was at weight loss calories for around 5 months and would only have the occasional cheat meal. Now that I've had a month off at maintenance cals I've noticed haha!

Aw thank you drew87d!! Yes the water has deffo helped! ☺️
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You are describing me today and yesterday. Night before last had a salty Chinese take-out. My eyes are still puffy 36+ hours later. The scale shows it, too. It usually takes 2 to 3 days before my eyes stop with the "What? Are you alergic to cats?" look.

Must ... remember ... to drink ... extra water ... today ...