Tiredness

Options
Currently eating on average around 1400 calories a day however I am feeling really tired a lot of the time. Think I may not be getting enough nutrients I need as I am more focusing on the number of calories I am consuming rather than how healthy the food is. Anyone have any recommendations for foods I can eat to give me more energy?

Replies

• Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? Is your deficit too great? Give us an idea of how you are yesterday and today.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you're exercising, are you eating a portion of those calories back?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    How quickly are you losing and how much do you have left?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    You are going to have better energy eating 1400 of quality foods like salmon, Greek yogurt, whole Grains, beans and fruits and vegetables, than 1400 of fat, sugar and processed crap. It's just that easy.
  • tomorrowistoday0000
    tomorrowistoday0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    What worked for me was increasing healthy fats like avocado and decreasing other low calories/fat space fillers like water crackers or etc. Even though my calories are up, I feel satiated and this not only helped me get pass my plateau but I also don't really struggle with eating anymore. You might lose at a slower rate but at least you'll stay on track and keep losing consistently. Sometime, the simple equation of calories in, calories out is not as simple as it sounds when applied to human behavior. Hope that helped.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Iron deficient, maybe?
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Try a multivitamin. Also eat back your exercise calories.