332 at 27. Yikes!

Options
keg61990
keg61990 Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone!

Yesterday I hit my highest weight of 332. Not a proud moment. My cycle is gaining and losing large amounts of weight, and I'm beginning to work on how to break that cycle. It has been a few years since I have really tried to eat healthy and lose weight, due to college. But now that I am a newly graduated nurse it's time to put myself first. Does anyone have advice on how to begin again?

Height: 5'5"
SW: 332
CW: 332
GW: anything under 200 right now

Replies

• crypsyx
    crypsyx Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    log everything you eat and be honest with yourself. if you're afraid you're going to lie about what you've eaten, put the diary private so only you see, but log your food and weigh/measure everything. we often don't realize how big a serving is until we measure it.
  • MarcyPatterson
    MarcyPatterson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say congratulations on making it through nursing school!! I am in the middle of nursing school myself, about to start my final year. I know how hard it can be, and how little time you actually have to take care of yourself. Way to go on your accomplishment and I wish you the best on your new self care goals!
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and started at 331 about two months ago. Your story sounds a lot like mine with the up and downs.

Everyones different but I had to just start logging without really reducing much. And because I was having panic attacks I was only able to get half way around the block. I'm slowly changing and it seems to be working. All the stuff I'm doing to change is very livable long term. I'm sure as I go on I will have to clean up my diet a bit more.

Add me if you'd like.

• keg61990
    keg61990 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Great advice and awesome support.
  • etjohnson514
    etjohnson514 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on nursing school! School really does destroy any previous self care. I am currently trying to get back to my old self and finish up the last month of my masters in social work.
    All the late nights studying and snacking to stay awake have their consequences.

Good luck on your journey, you can do it!!
  • heart31pa
    heart31pa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats Sara2652, how much have you lost so far? I'm new here as of July 1st and I'd like to lose 30 pounds by September 17th. I'd be ecstatic!
  • astonegirldancing
    astonegirldancing Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I had gained about 60lbs 3 years ago, and due to focusing on other stuff, I've also kept it in. What I'm reminding myself of, is to take things slow, buy both enjoyable & healthy foods (I tended to be very basic, so eating wasn't fun!) and again, *slowly*, welcoming back in an exercise routine.

Best of luck! And feel free to add me.

~ Marybeth
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    heart31pa wrote: »
    Congrats Sara2652, how much have you lost so far? I'm new here as of July 1st and I'd like to lose 30 pounds by September 17th. I'd be ecstatic!

:s I'm going to blame this on dyslexia but I actually started out at 230 not 330. I'm down 18lbs now.
  • Merilee12
    Merilee12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. We are roughly same weight at present with many years between us.
    My goal is to lose 170 - baby steps and support system needed
  • clcrawford1
    clcrawford1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome, nursing school is really tough but not impossible to keep a healthy lifestyle. Just track everything regardless of quality. Would love to follow your journey!