Looking for people to help stay motivated...

Options
I have struggled with food my whole life but I'm looking to change that. Weighing in at 280 was embarrassing. I want this time to be different. Looking for people to share their journey and tips to help keep me motivated!!

Replies

• MikaMaca92
    MikaMaca92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've got a lot to lose too. I had her. Doing well around this time last year, I was walking every day and doing weight watchers and losing. Then my father in law passed away and my fiance had a meltdown asking me to stop counting everything all the time and just be there. That was all the excuse I needed to completely derail. I gained everything back and more. I've kinda been trying it on my own without any tools and it hasn't worked. I've been doing terrible the last month especially and feel like garbage because of it so I decided it was time to rejoin. Im about 225 and I have 75-100 lbs to lose.
    My best tip is to never stop logging. Even if you dread seeing that number go negative because you KNOW you over ate. Actions need consequence and the feeling you get seeing it that is the consequence. It makes you accountable and makes you not want to do it again. You just have to keep going and not say "well now that I've been bad it doesn't matter so I might as well be really bad."
    I've also found lots of ways to turn some of my favorite "fat foods" into meals under 500 calories which can sound like a lot but when they used to be 1000 it's actually pretty good.
    I'm still new to this app as I've always used weight watchers in the past but can't afford it right now. Looking for good friends in the same boat as me. Feel free to add me :)
  • starsnider
    starsnider Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI! When I was 16, I got up to 210. My family intervened and put me on a diet! I lost 90 lbs by watching my fat intake. Now, I'm 38, I gained 65 lbs having my daughter, and have not gotten off all the pregnancy weight. My daughter will be 4 this year! I started the app on June 4th, and I have lost 10 lbs already!

My tip is to stay under 50 fat grams a day! That is it! Pretty simple because I can eat what I want, as long as I account for it...I eat lots of fruits and veggies because they have little to no fat!
  • starsnider
    starsnider Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I love firehouse subs steak and cheese on white! It has 46 grams of fat, and I ate the sandwich, and then nothing but fruits and veggies the rest of the day!
  • Brendaflores114
    Brendaflores114 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new here too. I have a lot to lose, but decided to take it slow. I lost 25 pounds last year, but I stopped watching what I ate and gained back 15. I am determined to not gain anymore. I started at 222. I now weigh 213. Almost 10 pounds gone!
    My big problem is staying motivated. I am holding myself accountable with this app.
    I'm hoping to find some people who are encouraging to share this journey.
    :)