c25k week 3 kicking my butt

Melissaol
Melissaol Posts: 948 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
Im on week 3 Day 1. And this one is just really hard. This is my 3rd time doing it. Why is it so hard for me??
I will just end up repeating it until i get it. I just don't get it.

Replies

• tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Are you running outside or on a treadmill? I found running outside was much more difficult during week 3. I don't know if it was because of the terrain or what. I am not a RUNNER at ALL...as a matter of fact, I gravely dislike running..LOL But I was preparing for a 5K with my 9 year old. We did it in May and our time was like 43 minutes...which I was MORE than Happy with! But I used the treadmill when the program got tough to get over that hurdle because it was a more controlled environment.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,459 Member
    Week 3 and 4 were the two hardest for me, so you are not alone. Repeat if you think you need to, but you might be surprised how well you do on week 4 if you move on.
  • aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    I did c25k and loved it. I failed the first time but was successful the second. The most important thing I found, and something that is often true for new runners, is that I ran too fast and needed to slow down. I began running with a friend who was a far more experienced runner and she paced me very well. If you are having trouble completing the 3rd week, try running at a slower pace. I find it is most helpful to be able to run for 30 minutes at a slow pace and then work on increasing speed, rather than just trying to run quickly at first. If you have the c25k app, it will tell you your pace. You can also use the MapMyRun app (free) to check your pace. I began running at around a 12/12.5 minute mile or about 5mph. This is pretty slow, but as a new runner I found this much easier to maintain than my previous 7-8 mph.
  • Melissaol
    I run sometimes outside or inside. I have a hard time running the 3 minutes.
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    I was just happy to survive W1D1. Then after I finished it I found out I did it wrong. I actually ran more than I was supposed to and my total time was almost twice the recommended time because I didn't have my HRM with me. Oh well. Better to do more than not enough I say. I feel pretty good. I did it on Sunday and apart from a blister I got from walking yesterday I will be ready to get W1D2 accomplished.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 776 Member
    I have the same problem! I have started C25K a few times and I can't get through week 3. It just kills me. I've tried repeating week 2 to make sure I have been ready, and I just haven't been able to get through that week. ... . Good Luck to you! I'm bumping this for suggestions.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Im on week 3 Day 1. And this one is just really hard. This is my 3rd time doing it. Why is it so hard for me??
    I will just end up repeating it until i get it. I just don't get it.

The program's designed to be self-paced. You can repeat a week as many times as you need to. I'm stuck on week 4 - 5 minutes a go - and I've been on it for the past 3 weeks. Don't beat yourself up and don't let it discourage you. You can do it :)
  • Melissaol
    I just keep telling myself that its all in my head. I can do it. That's how iget through all of them.
  • Hi everyone! I just found this thread...been looking for some support and stuff to read about how others are doing on the plan! I turn 50 in September and am NOT a runner. My goal is a 5K...already signed up for one in December! Just something I want to do. I have done each week twice so far (I call them Levels) and am on Week 3/Day 3 this Friday! I cant believe I am saying this...but I am starting to enjoy it a little! BUT...did anyone else have their distance go down a bit on Week 3? My paces went up a bit too...and I felt like I was doing so well! Just a teeny difference but am going to try a little harder on Friday morning when I run again!
This discussion has been closed.