Needing help to create a meal plan.

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to go about making a meal plan?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Work out how many meals you want to eat. Enter foods you like to make up each meal.
    Fiddle around with quantities to make the foods fit your calorie goal.
  • edlanglais
    edlanglais Posts: 39 Member
    Give us some help. Do you plan on preparing your own meals for the day? I am very busy and in the run a lot so my meal plan is centered around convenience.
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    First of all. How many calories per day?
    Do you work out a lot or do any sports?
    What foods do you like?
    What is your goal?
  • Brittanyelf
    Brittanyelf Posts: 1 Member
    Pick a couple of basic ingredients and figure out how to stretch them into multiple meals. I believe meal planning and prepping go hand in hand. So for example, one night I'll cook a whole pack of chicken breasts, peppers and onions and make quesadillas with a side of black beans and lettuce. Cook some brown rice and use the leftover rice and beans and lettuce to make a burrito bowl for next days lunch.
    You definitely have to take the time to come up with the all the meals you want to eat that week and how you can incorporate all the basic items you've purchased to stretch between different meals.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Google it ...
    Here are articles that I found when I did ...
    Meal Planning Tips - Make Use Of What You Have - savethefood.com‎
    10 Essential Things to Know About Meal Planning | Kitchn
    15 Tips for Better Weekly Meal Planning | Kitchn
    Sanofi Diabetes Meal Guide
    Free 10 Helpful Things to Know About Meal Planning Booklet
    A Step-By-Step Guide to Meal Planning and Prep (2/2) | Nerd Fitness
    The Smarter Meal Planning App - Simple Recipes & Grocery Lists‎

.... Beyond that ... Are you responsible for only your own meals or for others' as well? In some ways, cooking for 4 to 6 people is easier than cooking for 1 because most recipes make multiple servings and then you don't have to be so concerned with cooking up a meal and then having to eat it as left overs until it's gone.
  • bcnbuda
    bcnbuda Posts: 8 Member
    KISS - keep it so simple.

I alternate the same two things for breakfast, Ezekiel 4:9 cinnamon raisin cereal 3/4 c w/ 1/2 c almond milk (315 cal) and a "Bob" McMuffin ( scrambled egg microwaved, 1 slice Canadian bacon, 1 slice reduced fat Swiss cheese, 1 whole wheat sandwich thin, 1 tsp Durkee famous sauce (300 cal).

Lunch - alternate between smoothie and turkey and cheese sandwich or 6oz of grilled chicken w/ BBQ dipping sauce, all about 300 cal.

This leaves me about 800 calories for dinner which is a very reasonable dinner at home or even out and with any exercise at all an after dinner snack like Jolly Time kettle corn popcorn (250 cal) or one serving of tortilla chips and salsa.

So breakfast and lunch very routine and dinner more adventuresome. That's what works for me.