Hit my 100 pound goal today!!!

Options
I finally hit my 100 pound goal!! I am sooooooo excited. Been dreaming about this for years. I've learned something about weight loss. You can't rush it. At all. It's going to come off when it's going to come off. I was pushing myself all month to lose faster to reach this goal and I ended up platueaing. For like a month I was the same weight. And then all the sudden my body started feeling smaller and my clothes were looser. This week I finally dropped like 3.5 lbs. Whenever I get frustrated and super focused on the scale things stall out. Go figure. I have about 35 lbs to go to my goal weight. Slow and steady wins the race. Today I am SO enjoying my accomplishment.

Replies

• bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Well deserved! Congratulations and keep enjoying!
  • meganw2020
    meganw2020 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What an accomplishment, tremendous work! And I too agree with the you can't rush it part, if you stick to doing what you know works it will happen, just not always when you want it to ;) Good luck with those last 35.
  • peachtoad
    peachtoad Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful achievement! This has really encouraged me! Did a weigh in this morning and weight has plateaued last two weeks. It gets you down sometimes when you've been working so hard! I only want to lose 9lbs but at times it feels impossible!
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It does!! And you get mad at your body for not losing when you're working hard. LOL. But it's gonna do what it's gonna do.
  • meabea
    meabea Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and well done! I can't wait for my day to come.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And great advice.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • BlueSweater1971
    BlueSweater1971 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What a huge accomplishment!
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • SparkyTinman
    SparkyTinman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the post and CONGRATULATIONS!! After so many starts and stops (quick losses followed by equally quick gains ++), I think you are 100% correct. Slow and steady wins the race! I just upped my calories to a more livable, lifestyle amount to lose 1 to 1.5 a week. Now I don't feel quite so deprived and desperate. Looking forward to a day (long from now) when I can mirror your post
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is wonderful!
  • debbiecastillolloyd
    debbiecastillolloyd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring. I'm so impressed that you have stayed so focus and I have no doubt that you will reach your goal
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats, it's a huge accomplishment! My trainer was ever more excited than me for me to reach that -100 mark. Never go back!!
  • SleepingSwan
    SleepingSwan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great achievement!! Well done! X x
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Fantastic
  • avagrace44
    avagrace44 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    "You hit the nail on the head." It's so true. Congratulations, on your VICTORY!!!
  • l1bbylabel7
    l1bbylabel7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! Keep up the good work!
  • cmufireupchip
    cmufireupchip Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Major accomplishment so far! Just curious how long did it take you and what was your food plan like?
  • just8apple
    just8apple Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    good job :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!