Getting RE-started

Options
Trish1c
Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
I have been so lax.

When I realized I wasn't going to make it into a bikini for my birthday I kind of gave up. I have been eating, & drinking (my personal calorie downfall), not logging & not exercising for so long, since like February.

Where do I find the motivation to re-start, to get back to the gym, to do something . . . anything? I feel like I failed. Now I'm old. What does it matter if I'm a few pounds overweight?

I have started to log again . . . 2 whole day streak. lol

Please MFP help me get moving again!

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    It's really hard continuing when you realize that you aren't going to make a goal that you set for yourself, and it's harder to get back into the swing of things when you've fallen off the wagon. But...time is going to pass no matter what you do. So maybe you weren't going to meet your big-time goal, but if you'd kept on track since February, you could've been 16-32 pounds closer (depending on your rate of loss). Another four months is going to pass starting from now, and you can be a little smaller (or not) at the end of that time.

The bigger question I have is why the hell not go ahead and wear a bikini for your birthday anyway?? I forget which blogger said this, but I love how she put it:

How do you get a bikini body?
    1. Get a bikini.
    2. Put it on your body.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm old, too. But I'm not dead, which I'm pretty pleased about. So it's not too late to do something. Set an achievable goal, like losing 5 pounds. Then do that again. You don't need to put a time limit on it. It sounds like it bothers you that you're overweight, so track your calories and exercise. Congratulations on getting back into the swing of things! Go outside and take a 30 minute walk. Put on some clothes and go to the gym. One thing that helps me is I write down my exercise plan on my calendar and keep that appointment. Every time I go to the gym is a success.
  • sandyrosser
    sandyrosser Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Add me. TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) member since 2016. Got seriously restarted in 2015. Near my goal weight. I love sharing and helping to motivate others.
  • p0sitiv3_vib3s
    p0sitiv3_vib3s Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Guess what, I 're started last year with the hope of wearing "that" bikini this year. From nov-Jan I lost next to nothing I began to get deflated realising it wasn't going to happen. I had a break and gained 16lb... arghhh!!! I've so far lost 7 of those gained in the past 4 weeks and the best bit I went away a couple of weeks ago and I wore the bloody bikini anyway!! no I might not have felt like I rocked it the way I wanted to, but the longer I wore the bikini the more confident I felt and all i can say is I'm sure each time I wear it I will look better because I will carry on whether I loose a lb or not! So just go for it and have fun ;)
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I'm 40. I decided to wear a bikini this summer so in January I ordered one a size to small. I take it to my wall as a daily reminder to get up and do my cardio, to go to the gym and lift weights. I can't wear it, it's too big.
    Whenever you feel like quitting, don't. Keep reminding yourself of where you will be in three months if you stay the course. Slow progress is still progress.

"I may not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday."