Anyone have 25lb to lose?

Options
Hello!!
I am a 27 year old woman and am going for toning up and losing roughly 25 pounds to be 110 (I am a shorty!!) The 25 pound weight loss and below I've heard is ROUGH! And I am feeling the slow weight loss. I lost .4 lb last week lol. I am eating about 1200-1400 calories a day and exercising for at least 30 minutes daily. Who is with me on this 25lb loss?! Tips, advice, friend along the way?!

Replies

• 232good
    232good Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am also adding that I think by Christmas time I'd love to have reached my goal
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I had about 25 when I first started now I am down to between 14-16 lbs- so in the same range as you- I am older than you- but I am still losing .05-1lb a week when I stick to the plan- You can do this- it takes time- but it is worth it to take it off slowly and KEEP it off
  • 232good
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    I had about 25 when I first started now I am down to between 14-16 lbs- so in the same range as you- I am older than you- but I am still losing .05-1lb a week when I stick to the plan- You can do this- it takes time- but it is worth it to take it off slowly and KEEP it off

Thank you so much Girly! How long has it taken you approximately to get to where you are at now?! I am so glad to know I'm not the only one in this very slow weight loss process and that it is do-able! =)
  • juleeahnah
    juleeahnah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Similar goal to me! Started last Dec with a 25 lb loss goal, currently at 23 lost. Earlier in the process, it came off 1lb per wk pretty consistently. Now it's about 1/2 lb per week or less, even adjusting my calories for my new weight. On average across all weeks, it's been .75lb per week.

I was definitely not super aggressive about the process---I wanted take it slow, enjoy myself, and eat/drink how I wanted just in smaller, measured amounts. I drink wine many nights, I have a bag of shredded cheese in my fridge at all times, I even incorporated tater tots into the mix occasionally (I eat fruits + veg + protein as well, but you get what I mean). I counted everything I ate and drank and tried to hit a 500 cal deficit per day through cal counting and exercise (guessing I achieved this 85-90% of the time---again, not super aggressive). I probably could have sped up the loss a little by cutting out some of those things, but I just didn't want to. Everybody's journey is different-- slow and steady just worked better for me, and kept me much happier. I really do feel like it's paramount in most cases to keeping the weight off as well.

My biggest struggle in losing that slowly is you really, really have to rely on data/weigh-in trends to see that weight difference. The scale's gonna bounce up and down or stay the same, and it can get to you if you let it. Please don't. Some people like to weigh weekly to help with this, but I personally like to weigh daily and laugh at how "crazy" the number is sometimes. "Oh, I ate like a saint yesterday and worked my butt off at the gym and I'm 1.5 lbs heavier today? Whatever, scale- you're dumb." Water weight is nuts, but it's part of the process. (Obviously, if the scale keeps going up and up for awhile unexpectedly, you should reevaluate your logging practices). If it bugs you some days, pull out your month's/previous month's progress and revel in your losses to-date as a morale boost (I keep my weigh-in data on my phone's notes specifically for that purpose). It helps stomp the discouragement and motivate you to keep at it.

Oh yeah-- almonds were a game changer for me. Even in small amounts, they are amazing at stopping a craving in it's tracks. (Just be sure to count them!)

Good luck! You can absolutely do it.
  • RobBasss
    RobBasss Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Had 25 to lose, down 9, hoping by end of summer, trying to get 145. I was doing great then decided to take up jogging and instead of losing, I gained 2 lbs and lost nothing for like 3 weeks even with my diet in check, thankfully in the last 7 days I am down 2.4 lbs so whatever my body was holding onto it finally let go. I know once I get to 155 it is going to suck, I don't have a skinny frame, I am medium build, so 5'7, 145 will be interesting.
  • 232good
    Options
    juleeahnah wrote: »
    Similar goal to me! Started last Dec with a 25 lb loss goal, currently at 23 lost. Earlier in the process, it came off 1lb per wk pretty consistently. Now it's about 1/2 lb per week or less, even adjusting my calories for my new weight. On average across all weeks, it's been .75lb per week.

I was definitely not super aggressive about the process---I wanted take it slow, enjoy myself, and eat/drink how I wanted just in smaller, measured amounts. I drink wine many nights, I have a bag of shredded cheese in my fridge at all times, I even incorporated tater tots into the mix occasionally (I eat fruits + veg + protein as well, but you get what I mean). I counted everything I ate and drank and tried to hit a 500 cal deficit per day through cal counting and exercise (guessing I achieved this 85-90% of the time---again, not super aggressive). I probably could have sped up the loss a little by cutting out some of those things, but I just didn't want to. Everybody's journey is different-- slow and steady just worked better for me, and kept me much happier. I really do feel like it's paramount in most cases to keeping the weight off as well.

My biggest struggle in losing that slowly is you really, really have to rely on data/weigh-in trends to see that weight difference. The scale's gonna bounce up and down or stay the same, and it can get to you if you let it. Please don't. Some people like to weigh weekly to help with this, but I personally like to weigh daily and laugh at how "crazy" the number is sometimes. "Oh, I ate like a saint yesterday and worked my butt off at the gym and I'm 1.5 lbs heavier today? Whatever, scale- you're dumb." Water weight is nuts, but it's part of the process. (Obviously, if the scale keeps going up and up for awhile unexpectedly, you should reevaluate your logging practices). If it bugs you some days, pull out your month's/previous month's progress and revel in your losses to-date as a morale boost (I keep my weigh-in data on my phone's notes specifically for that purpose). It helps stomp the discouragement and motivate you to keep at it.

Oh yeah-- almonds were a game changer for me. Even in small amounts, they are amazing at stopping a craving in it's tracks. (Just be sure to count them!)

Good luck! You can absolutely do it.

This isn't amazing, great job! And thank u! I do weight myself daily and I didn't see a 1lb gain today but yet I was crazy active yesterday and ate 1300 calories lol. So it blew my mind. (I also started my period so maybe that plays a role?) But, like u said, it'll fluctuate and I have to let it.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am on the last 23-25 after dropping 110 already. It is definitely slow and steady for me. Just sticking to my small deficit, trying to log diligently (weighing all) and keeping up the workouts (lots of lifting!)
  • momandhercoffee
    momandhercoffee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is me! I'm down almost 5, with 20 yet to go. I'm pretty confident that most of that five is water weight plus the fluctuation from the monthly shark week, but it is nice to see the scale go down! I also like weighing everyday to see the trend. I also feel like it helps me stay accountable.

Good luck! Keep it up!
  • Bites_55
    Bites_55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    26 pounds down. 26 to go!
    I'm 154 now, 5.9'

I lost 2 pounds a week consistently eating 1200 - 1400 and running 5 days a week - thanks height! Ive been maintaining for two months and just started eating at a deficit again.

Freinds?