Work full time(food server) and im so Hungry all the time

Options
I'm a food server I'm walking and standing non stop and I don't even have energy to go to the gym. And working with food I litteraly will eat so much food at work and it's hard i feel like im dying if I don't eat. And im struggling big time I gain 8 pounds I need help and 2300 calories doesn't seem enough it's small idk what im doing wrong. Healthy food seems baa to me

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How many pounds did you pick per week for your weight loss goal?

How long have you been doing this and how much are you losing per week?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Did you pick active when you started?
  • samasam799
    samasam799 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes I did for losing 2 pounds a week 1860 calories for a day I feel like that's not enough i feel like
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    samasam799 wrote: »
    Yes I did for losing 2 pounds a week 1860 calories for a day I feel like that's not enough i feel like

It might not be enough to keep you satisfied throughout the day. Also, depending on how much you have to lose, 2 lbs/wk may be too aggressive as a goal for you. Try changing your goal to 1 lb a week and see if that helps. It gives you more calories to play with.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You are getting your workout every day! If you get a fitness tracker you might feel better knowing that all that running around makes you healthy, fast, and strong.

I realize it's hard to fit in eating during your day, but if you carry energy bars with you (maybe cut in half) you can have something on hand that will keep you fed and the hungries away.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    What are you eating and how often are you eating it? For me, I need to eat a small protein/fiber/fat packed meal every 3 hours to keep satiated. Stuff like eggs with whole grain toast, Kind bars, greek yogurt and berries, and some sort of lean meat and roasted veggies for dinner. Some people do better with 3 big meals a day instead. You have to experiment and see what works for you. If it's the delicious food smells that are making you want to eat even when you're not hungry, try keeping some strong mints or mint gum on hand. I found that mint kind of overwhelms the food smells and helps stops cravings. There's also scented aromatherapy pendants you can buy that have different scents, like grapefruit...which is also supposed to help.