I'm new and have a question

I have a question about the diary. I am an ex weight watcher and I like to write my food down so I can look back at what I ate. I can't find anywhere where you journal the food you eat unless you look it up. I make most of my food and it's not in the search. please help...Thanks

Replies

• Amyding115
    Amyding115 Posts: 120
    It's time consuming but you can look it up an ingredient at a time and create your own foods. It's all attached to the diary. From one ex weight watcher to another. If you know the caloric content you can "create" a food and enter it into the database. Like I said, initially it's time consuming but well worth it.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Add each ingredient and how much you used. You'll have to measure things to be really accurate.
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    If you make a lot of the same meals often you can save them in your food diary under My Meals. For example, if you always make tacos the same way you can look up all of your ingredients and save them under the name "homemade tacos" or whatever you want to call it. That way you don't have to look it up again every time. Also, you can look at previous days foods by clicking the arrows next to the date. Not sure if you noticed that. Hope this helps :)
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Once you've entered your ingredients individually you can save the entire meal and give it a name. For example, I have a bowl of steel cut oats with brown sugar and cinnamon and an egg white omelette with mozzerella cheese and salsa almost every morning. Rather than look up and add these 7 ingredients individually each day, I can now add the entire meal to my diary with one click because I saved it under "my meals".

Very convenient. If you tend to eat the same things over and over again, it will be much easier for you in a week or two and well worth the time and effort.
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    I am so glad you asked this question. I didn't know how to use My Meals or how to create a food in the data base! I've got to try this.
  • Thanks for all the help