Smoothies for breakfast and lunch

twill33
twill33 Posts: 1 Member
I've been doing smoothies for breakfast and lunch and have snack in between. I'm normally not hungry between breakfast and the lunch smoothie but I do get really hungry after the lunch smoothie

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    I would be too. That doesn't sound like much of a variety and is probably lacking in fat/protein.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Extremely low calorie diets are a set up for failure. Make sure you are getting at least 1,200 or so. Maybe try adding peanut butter to your lunch smoothie?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    What do you put in your smoothies? What is your usual snack? I also think that lack of protein and fat is likely an issue here.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Smoothies don't fill me up no matter what's in them. I need to chew. I'll sometimes have one for a snack or for breakfast if I'm not terribly hungry. I would end up in jail if I tried to replace two meals.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Is your digestion okay? That would cause me to be on the toilet all day.
  • edlanglais
    edlanglais Posts: 39 Member
    Suggestions:

1. Consider eating something more filling ham a smoothie at lunchtime. Your body may be telling you it needs more for lunch.

2. Or if you want to stick to the lunchtime smoothie, try playing around with your calories and see if you can squeeze in a satisfying snack.

Would you mind showing an example of a days meal plan with a calorie total and line item calories?
  • amysteri
    amysteri Posts: 197 Member
    I don't know about substituting 2 smoothies for 2 meals every day - is this is a long term diet?
    But what kind of smoothies are you making? green? fruit?
    How many calories are in that smoothie?
    Do you eat anything else throughout the day?

make sure to consume enough calories
    you're body's getting hungry because it doesn't have enough of something :/
  • bcnbuda
    bcnbuda Posts: 8 Member
    I often fix a smoothie for lunch. I would get too hungry if I had one for breakfast also. My recipe:
    12 oz organic apple juice - 180 cal
    3/4 c frozen berry medley - 80 cal
    1 banana - 110 cal
    Ice for volume - 0 cal
    Total cal - 370