I feel like I'm overreacting but opinions are welcome

Options
MayaSPapaya
MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
edited July 2017 in Chit-Chat
So I just got home from a second date with this guy who I’ve been taking to about two weeks ago. We’re young and slept together on this one. We stayed up late after that just talking and watching tv and stuff, and when we went to bed he kissed me some more before we went to sleep.

When we woke up this morning, he seemed…distant. He asked if I wanted to go to breakfast but changed his mind after realizing all he had to get done. He didn’t kiss me until I left (after he thanked me for coming over and hugged me and then I looked at him and he kissed me). I asked if he wanted to do something Wednesday when he is off and he said yes.

Now here’s the thing. Last night i was kind of quiet when we were around his housemates and I was kind of just standing there and he went “you look miserable” I assured him that I wasn’t. I was kind of quiet after we had sex last night but I was feeling sick from side effects from a recent change of birth control. I sent him this text after I got home this morning “Hey! Thanks again for last night, I have a lot of fun with you. I just wanted to say if I seemed quiet or off it was because of my pill and I felt sick which I was trying to power through.". He replied back saying "I'm glad you came over last night too! Thanks for coming over and I'm sorry you're going through that!"

I feel like I'm overreacting right?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    If you two see each other on Wednesday and it goes well, you might be on track for something with a longer term potential.

If Wednesday is a no show or a no go, well....

best of luck; I wish you well.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, it sounds to me like you may be over thinking the situation. I know it's hard to not replay little details and analyze them.

You have tentative plans (good sign) and the guy sounds like he cares about your situation.

Just go with it with an open mind and see what happens on Wednesday.

Be excited and look forward to it! Then go from there!
  • MayaSPapaya
    Options
    Thanks guys! I try not to overthink and always do, it sucks. I'm going to do my best not to.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's just not a morning person.
    Don't over think it. See what happens on Wednesday.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    This is someone you have been talking to for 2 weeks, had two dates and just slept with.
    Sounds like you are both reading too much into each other being quiet/awkward in a new situation. You don't know each other very well yet to know what is very normal behavior for each other. I guess maybe you were expecting more kisses or attention. Maybe he was unsure you were okay because you were being more withdrawn. Maybe the morning after is just awkward.
    There is always a risk that things will not work out when you are so early in a relationship with or without sex. There will be awkward moments to get past. He sounds responsive and you made plans to get together soon. That sounds positive to me. Just see what happens.

• SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could call him later and ask him how his day went...You could chat him up to see how he's feeling, then be playful and say in a coy way that you didn't get quite enough hugs and kisses yet and could you meet up tonight to fix the situation?

You can get by with no sleep when you're young :D
  • MayaSPapaya
    Options
    You guys are right. I had another guy flake on me after telling me he had a good time, then told me two days later he didn't want to see me again because he wasn't feeling it so I think it made me more cautious. I'm just going to take this one at his word and assume we're hanging ou Wednesday, if we don't its his loss!
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Unless your name is Tiffany I've got some bad news....
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    This is what isnwrong eith millennials today. Shen I was dating my wife in the former days we did not sleep togrther until the wedding. I yell my grandchildren... you have to be better than giving yourselt away so soon. We have degraded as a society.

yes... the former days

I remember them well

we didn't *kitten* until the third date.

Still sooner than "the older generations"