I don't eat BAD, but I do eat A LOT!

Options
Chris99mu
Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
Probably between 2400 and 2800 kcal/day!

4-6 small/medium meals/snacks/protein smoothies a day

40/30/30 C/F/P macros

I'm 160 lbs, 5'7. Workout 3-4 days a week (yoga, weight training, rowing)

I'm great about water. So how can I cut my calories down but not be so famished?! I'm sooooo hungry all day!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Choose lower calorie dense foods.

Try eating less meals. I used to be a 6+ meal a day girl because "boosting metabolism", "losing gains" yadayada b.s. but I was constantly hungry. Or hangry. I switched to bigger, less frequent meals and feel much more satisfied!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Cut slowly - adjust 50-100cal let stabilize, then do again - depending on your weight goal - you may only want to lose .5lbs a week (FWIW I maintain, lose very slightly on 2500cal avg a day)
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    What are you eating?
  • Chris99mu
    edited June 2017
    Options
    spdaphne wrote: »
    What are you eating?
    Today:
    B: 2 biscuits, omelet with tomatoes, peppers
    Snack: protein berry smoothie (homemade)
    L: half green pepper stuffed with chicken and mushrooms, 1/2c jasmine rice
    Snack: peach, handful dry rice chex
    D : 3 eggs, 3 pieces Dave's Killer Whole toast
  • meganw2020
    meganw2020 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Cutting down on your bread (biscuits and the Dave's) alone will save you a ton of calories. I know it feels like you are hungry but your body is getting plenty of nutrition. Cut 100 calories at a time and your body will adjust, pretty soon you won't miss it at all. Maybe sub in some nuts too, I know they keep me nice and full.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Chris99mu wrote: »
    What are you eating?
    Today:

If you want to keep that many meals, id replace some of the biscuits, rice, cereal and toast for less calorie dense carbs (like more vegies, starchy and non starchy).
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a lot of bread. Definitely cutting down... wayyyy down on biscuits and bread would make a huge difference in how many calories you have left to eat more non-bread items. You'd probably have like 1,000 more calories to eat in fruits, veggies, hummus, cheese, milk, etc. It would give you an entire extra meal that's substantial.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Your macros or "eating clean" don't really matter one iota if you are trying to cut weight, being in a calorie deficit does. Sounds like the best course of action is to find different food options so you can get more bang for your buck so to speak. If you get creative, you would be surprised how much food you can squeeze out of 1500-1800 calories Spend the time and do some research. I will post a couple of links below to get the gears in your heads turning, but aside from this there are tons of specialized diet food brands out there these days that are quite resourceful in giving you your moneys worth as far as satisfaction per calorie. I discover new ones all the time, and there is a rather large thread in this very topic area which also contains lots of useful tips in that regard which I will post the link to.

https://bembu.com/high-protein-low-calorie-foods/
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/the-40-best-low-calorie-foods.htmlhttp://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10064318/new-products-that-caught-your-eyes-recently#latest
  • Chris99mu
    Options
    Ughhhh! I do love my breads! :(.

Thanks to all! Off to do some research! :)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I'd try less meals per day. Could also try skipping breakfast or pushing it back as late in the day as possible. More fiber, more vegetables, (I find carrots & cukes very filling)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I eat quite a bit too even right now at 1900ish calories (cutting at ~1 lb/week.) Feel free to look at my log.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Check out the volume eaters thread, too. I'm like you and am just looking into it.
    BTW: thanks for supporting my ne'er-do-well cousin Dave! :-)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah dude. Cut down on that bread and add like 400 grams of fibrous veggies, lean meats, 0% yogurt. Just fill the that belly up. We're all hanging over at the volume eaters thread.

And if volume eating isn't for you, perhaps the carbs are not satiating enough. You might want to try lower volume and higher fats. Find a way that works for you.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Chris99mu wrote: »
    What are you eating?
    Today:

Is that really 2800 kcal? I could eat essentially the same food (minus about half the bread) for 1500, easy. Just cut your portion sizes.
  • xxlcountryguy
    xxlcountryguy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cutting carbs and raising your fat intake "such as any high fat low carb diet" will help you feel full longer. Just my experience but I was maintaining a weight of 300-330 for 18 years on over 6000 calories a day 6'5" and I recently switched to the keto diet. Now a little more history I had high blood pressure borderline diabetic really high bad cholesterol really low good cholesterol and really high triglycerides so far my high blood pressure has dropped below nominal along with my a1c's and blood sugar levels so I'm no longer at risk of diabetes. Plus now I feel full on less than a third of the calories I was taking in and losing weight at the same time.