newly found will power

Options
i had lost 80 lbs but im still over weight. i have started too gain it back. the 1st 9 lbs are here i started weight watchers in oct 2004. ihave kept it off pretty well until i got laid off work at christmas now i just sit here & eat. my daughter is also overweight & shes only 14 so it time i step up as her mom & help her lose weight. it wont be easy but with help from this site & willpower we can do it. i'm very excited about this so wish us luck

Replies

• peb1975
    Options
    i had lost 80 lbs but im still over weight. i have started too gain it back. the 1st 9 lbs are here i started weight watchers in oct 2004. ihave kept it off pretty well until i got laid off work at christmas now i just sit here & eat. my daughter is also overweight & shes only 14 so it time i step up as her mom & help her lose weight. it wont be easy but with help from this site & willpower we can do it. i'm very excited about this so wish us luck
  • rosered51
    Options
    Good Luck!:flowerforyou: We'll be here to cheer you on!:drinker:
  • Andrea1973
    Options
    Good luck to you and your daughter, Cheers Andrea :)
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good for you for helping your daughter!! I wish someone had taken the time to teach me nutrition and good eating habits when I was her age.
    You can do this!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • KrysB10
    KrysB10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would suggest thinking up activities that make you exercise without you even realizing you are doing it. My mom and I started dancing together and she's lost a lot. Window shopping and going to museums are fun, educational, and clever ways of getting exercise without even realizing it. Go for places with lots of stairs.

Also, try looking up healthy recipes as new hobby. Who knows, you might look up and be the next Rachel Ray of healthy eating, lord knows there is a shortage of those. In any case, stress eating, habit eating, and idleness are your enemy.

Just remember to be careful about how you help your daughter through this time. It might till be her baby weight or it a sign of a metabolic issue. In any case, your love and support are what she'll need the most. I'm sure you can get through this difficult time (in both your lives) together.

I hope I was helpful.

Good luck to you both!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Good for you for coming here to get started again. You know what it takes to lose the weight, now to just get back in the swing of things....have your daughter do it with you!

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CassieNic
    Options
    good luck! for you and your daughter. what a great thing for yall to do together!
  • Natalievh
    Options
    :flowerforyou: YOU CAN DO IT, my 3yr old sons to me. its hard work dnt be fooled but darlings its so so so worthit. so YOU CAN DO IT both of you. and i agree this site is a blessing
  • Natalievh
    Options
    that is great sound advice:smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site, it is so awesome. I love this site so much, it is so supportive, helpful, and motivational. I just wanted to wish you great luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Taking your life back and encouraging your daughter to boot. Cant ask for better motivation.

Good luck to both of ya.

:flowerforyou:
  • amycakes812
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to both you and your daughter on this journey. I think it is wonderful that you will be working toward a healthier life together!
  • amycakes812
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to both you and your daughter on this journey. I think it is wonderful that you will be working toward a healthier life together!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it. I would never have started this long overdue journey if my mom had not started and lost 30lbs first (she looks awesome and she's 54 and for the first time thin!)

:bigsmile: