Introducing myself ☺️

Options
vhdez1987
vhdez1987 Posts: 10 Member
My name is Victoria. This year i turned the big 30. I have reached my highest weight, 180 lbs. Im 5'1" my ideal and goal weight has been 130lbs. I have not weight 130lbs since i was 18 years old. Every year my goal is to start with losing 10 lbs but instead i keep gaining weight. Now that i weight 180lbs it seems so much harder for exercise. I started cardio and was only able to complete 30 min when before i use to be able to complete 1 hour. So, yeah its getting worse. Im at a point i hate where my health is heading and seems to be out of my control. I need all the advice, motivation and positive vibes i can get.

Replies

• horses4ever1414
    horses4ever1414 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I hear that working out with friends is better and you lose more weight. :)

Ps
    Don't give up. Before I joined the army I used to weigh 184 lbs now I weigh 114 lbs. Keep it up :)
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If 30 mins is all you can manage then we,ll start at 30 min! It's more than some people do! It gives us a starting point n we can build on it!
    Don't focus on what you could do as it'll throw your motivation!
    Try increasing it every week or every other week small steps in the right direction will soon see you back at your old levels and surpassing them
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Good luck, baby steps, and then slowly increase cardio!
  • Carolynnr59
    Carolynnr59 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I turned 62 this year and haven't exercised (on a regular basis) for at least two years. We moved 3 times within 2 years and I lost weight with the moves. However, I've been eating way over my calories and carbs! So, I've come back to FitnessPal to start over AGAIN and hopefully eat healthier and exercise at least 30 minutes a day, but goal is 45 minutes. My philosophy is to MOVE - which I haven't been doing, and keep MOVING! Starting with 30 minutes of cardio is great...just keep doing it!!