4th of July

Options
cuckoo_jenibeth
cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
What are y'all up to this holiday weekend?

Replies

• Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'll be at work
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    'bout 5'11"
    5'11 you say?? Hmmm....I think I shall set this as my new goal....At 5'11, my BMI would be perfect! And, let's face it, some days it feels far more likely to get taller than thinner!
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    Options
    I'll be at work
    Bummer! But, I guess someone has to keep the wheels of industry rolling! I shall light a sparkler in your honor, @Cerealsensei
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    jenibethbu wrote: »
    I'll be at work
    Bummer! But, I guess someone has to keep the wheels of industry rolling! I shall light a sparkler in your honor, @Cerealsensei

Indeed. Ill be the lone hamster still on the wheel lol. But I get paid extra for working that day so at least there's a positive coming out of it.
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Trouble...whole lots of trouble
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Going to celebrate in Chapel Hill with some friends and colleagues of my wife. A bunch of awesome artsy hippy brainiacs.

They have a lake to swim in so I'm quickly working through my fear of amoebas in order to have fun :)

Our kids are finally old enough to stay up for fireworks so I hope the weather cooperates.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

They have a lake to swim in so I'm quickly working through my fear of amoebas in order to have fun :)

Work through your fear of amoebas so you can move on to your fear of leeches. :grimace:
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Rest, movies and grilling with the family.
  • HeidiAnn602
    HeidiAnn602 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If it's not too hot outside I'll go swimming with my kids, BBQ in the evening, relax and watch fireworks with my family.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Staying inside the house. Where it's safe.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    'bout 5'11"

I'm sorry.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Worked on my house all weekend. I'll be building a tv stand when I get home from work today. Finish what I don't get done tomorrow and get some shoe mold nailed down.

I'll be firing up the grill tomorrow though.... *kitten* gotta eat during all this manual labor.
  • KendraS74
    KendraS74 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not much, mostly preparing for my family's trip to Florida to see my dad. I will be packing healthy lunches for the trip, though. Oh, my neighborhood has a fireworks display that night. I may go to that.
  • simppl
    simppl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    jenibethbu wrote: »
    What are y'all up to this holiday weekend?

The weather is so hot and humid, postponing the picnic til later in week. Actually looking forward to a delish burger on an Ezeiel English muffin! Planning a low carb picnic menu was a real challenge. Plan to stay home for the holiday as I am near the Jersey shore and the traffic will be overwhelming.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,120 Member
    Options
    As little as possible...
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else wonder why Independence day is the only holiday that can be called by the day it falls on? You never hear anyone say Happy Oct. 31st....
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Does anyone else wonder why Independence day is the only holiday that can be called by the day it falls on? You never hear anyone say Happy Oct. 31st....

Maybe it's special because it's America's birthday?