110 lbs with no butt!

Options
I lost 20 lbs for my wedding in October. I love tge new thin me, except my butt is now flat. I am doing some squats and deadlifts (with dumbells at home no gym access). I need to build it up as quick as possible though. We are taking a cruise for the honeymoon. I need a booty! Preferably without gaining weight again! Please help.

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    The muscle weighs something, a booty will raise the number on the scale.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    chantels1 wrote: »
    I lost 20 lbs for my wedding in October. I love tge new thin me, except my butt is now flat. I am doing some squats and deadlifts (with dumbells at home no gym access). I need to build it up as quick as possible though. We are taking a cruise for the honeymoon. I need a booty! Preferably without gaining weight again! Please help.

A bigger butt isn't going to be made out of thin air. If you want a bigger butt you are going to have to add mass and that means gaining weight. And it isn't going to be a three month process. Get on a solid routine (like SC mentioned above) and realize that body building (and that's what you are doing even if you are thinking but I don't want to be big and muscle-y) is a long term project.
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 6 months of weight lifting , eating tons of protein , and gaining a few lb to start seeing any booty gains. It's a slow (but worth ) process
  • joeybrid
    joeybrid Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just do the stair stepper, lunges and squats you'll get there
  • Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'd like to have no butt.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

how do you plan on gaining a butt without gaining weight??
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Squat!!!! Seriously, squat and squat with weights. Guess what, a nice firm butt is muscle. It's your gluteus maximus, minimus and minor. You will gain a few pounds, but they'll be from muscle gain and not fat. You'll probably lose some fat in the process though.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Listen to Sardelsa...she knows about growing the booty. I also need to mention that I did not grow a butt by doing squats alone. I had to add in more glute focused work (glute bridge, hip thrust, donkey kicks, weighted step-ups, extra deadlifts...) and had to gain some weight back.
  • Tattooedmom44
    Tattooedmom44 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It took me almost a year of lifting heavy, one day each week specifically dedicated to legs/glutes, to see results. I also had to make sure I was getting enough protein to promote muscle development. Sadly it's a slow process.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Unfortunately building a booty takes a lot of time.. even years. Even if you gain weight.

In order to build it without gaining weight, you can eat at maintenance and lift to recomp..progress can be very slow though so be prepared for that. My best advice is to follow a lifting program like Strong Curves and eat at maintenance and any improvements before your cruise will be a bonus. Love what you got.. I am sure you will look fab no matter what

Strong curves? Where do i find that program?
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Good question. It is hard to train the brain not to focus on sxale weight. I am at approc 20.34% bf. I could lose some bf in place of muscle. I just don't want to bulk up and look fat before gaining muscle. Especially in such a short. Of time. I had a great booty before losing weight even if it was mostly fat.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Good question. It is hard to train the brain not to focus on sxale weight. I am at approc 20.34% bf. I could lose some bf in place of muscle. I just don't want to bulk up and look fat before gaining muscle. Especially in such a short. Of time. I had a great booty before losing weight even if it was mostly fat.

Yea I think with such a short time frame, recomping is going to be your best bet unless you don't mind putting on weight (since you will gain fat and muscle unfortunately). And then when you get back you can continue or perhaps think about gaining.

You can find Strong Curves pdf workouts online (just Google).. there are several programs.. a bodyweight, beginners, advanced and lower body only. You can see which one works best with the equipment you have. I would recommend buying a hard copy of the book if it is a program you will be doing consistently as there is so much valuable info and a very helpful index of substitutions.
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I suspect genetics also have a lot to do with it. If you ain't got it, no amount of work will get it. Thus why some people pay for implants.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    taziarj wrote: »
    I suspect genetics also have a lot to do with it. If you ain't got it, no amount of work will get it. Thus why some people pay for implants.

While I agree there is a genetic factor involved, and some people will have more success than others, I disagree with not being able to change it at all.

Years ago I lost a lot of weight. My glutes were pretty much completely flat. Two bulk cycles and 3 years later, they aren't gigantic but they are significantly larger than before.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options

a lot of the girls with the big booties that you see , what you are seeing is mostly fat and not muscle. You can build up the muscle behind the fat to push it out more, but if you have a muscular butt and no fat, you aren't gonna have that big booty that is so popular these days. So if you want a big butt fast, eat the cupcakes :)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Girl you gonna have to eat and do Strong Curves. You will gain weight if you want a butt back.