Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

21 day fix

Hi
I just bought the generic version since I am unable to exercise at this time ( post op ankle )
I also found a PDF of the book
My question is anyone have any luck with this?
I have over 100 lbs to lose
Thanks in advance

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2017
    Weight loss isn't about luck, but maths, and using correct tools correctly. You lose weight when you stick to a calorie deficit. If this plan provides you with a calorie deficit, and you stick to it, you will lose weight. I have lost 50 pounds, and kept them off, by counting calories and eating properly. I had lost 45 pounds, and regained, and then some, by trying to follow a so-called healthy diet and counting calories. Lesson learnt was that I don't do well with outside imposed restriction, but I do very well with making my own decisions and planning my own meals.
  • lulehlu
    lulehlu Posts: 87 Member
    I lasted about 2 days with those containers. It just wasn't enough food.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2017
    Get a food scale and use this place like your life depended on it. You WILL lose weight. Stores have food scales near the measuring cups for about $16 (worth every penny).
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    It can work. Try it out. Make sure to use it properly, though. It's not just a set of containers. It's a whole program.

In the end, if you don't like it or it isn't panning out, you can always come back to MFP and get back to basics.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    lulehlu wrote: »
    I lasted about 2 days with those containers. It just wasn't enough food.

This^

OP - depending upon your food choices this could be too little calories. Example: there are 108 calories in 1 cup of kiwi fruit & 55 calories in 1 cup of watermelon. If you tend to choose lower calorie veggies, or lower calorie fruits....you're going to be lower calorie than expected.

Plus the containers are very inflexible. What I mean is, how do you log a recipe? MFP gives you a tool to create a recipe & find the calories per serving. 21DF is about "eating clean".......which is not necessary for weight loss. Learning to eat right (for a lifetime) should be about learning portion control for all foods, not just diet foods.
  • Noreen2014
    Noreen2014 Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions I still intend on using MFP just wanted to have a visual idea of the correct amounts of food...
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2017
    I like to look at it like this. On the one hand: Correct amounts of food isn't a fixed amount, and a healthy diet isn't foods from a list. Nutrition isn't an exact science. We humans are adaptable and resilient, but we need enough food, and thrive on variety. Over time, eating a little more at some meals, or days, and a little less on other occasions, will still lead to good health, including a good weight. It's consistently eating too much and/or unbalanced that is no good. On the other hand: Weighing is way more accurate than cramming into boxes. If you log/track your food, you can also be a lot more flexible, and through "learning by doing", you will teach yourself what appropriate portions and balanced meals look like, on a plate, not just in a box.