Feeling full on low calorie foods Please help!

Options
HELPPP! What are some foods low in calories that I would be able to eat a lot of or eat the recommended amount and feel full without breaking the calories?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Veggies for the Win.

.... also, hydrate (with water)
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles, fruit, vegetables, non fat yogurt, cottage cheese, chicken breast, egg whites, popcorn, rice cakes just to name a few.
  • ChemcialSunshine
    ChemcialSunshine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate you all. I got this :D
  • ChemcialSunshine
    Options
    I love using vinegar and oil. How do you feel about that on a salad? It's just a dash of oil and a little more red wine vinegar or balsamic. I like sour type things
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I love using vinegar and oil. How do you feel about that on a salad? It's just a dash of oil and a little more red wine vinegar or balsamic. I like sour type things

Fine. You have to measure your "dash" of oil though. A whole tablespoon is 120 calories.
  • ChemcialSunshine
    Options
    I think I can do without the oil then. I never really noticed a difference with it anyways :) gosh I appreciate you. I didn't know it was that high
  • bbell1985
    Options
    I think I can do without the oil then. I never really noticed a difference with it anyways :) gosh I appreciate you. I didn't know it was that high

Yes. It is fat. Fat has the highest calorie count per gram of all the macros. 9 calories per gram as opposed to 4 in carbs and protein.
  • ChemcialSunshine
    Options
    I agree. I would rather turn that 120 calories into more veggies or cubed cheese for protein instead
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Just a note on oil and salad dressing - many nutrients in vegetables require oil to be absorbed, so a little oil is a good thing. If you have trouble using just a little, a bottle of spray extra virgin olive oil is a great way to coat your veggies without going overboard.

My favorite low calorie snacks include roasted seaweed, sliced radishes, and almond milk in latte with cinnamon (15 calories, satisfies sweet tooth.)

If you eat all the veggies and still feel like you could chew your own arm off, try just a few almonds or cashews. A little fat makes you feel satiated.
  • P_yoga_runs
    P_yoga_runs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I make my own salad dressings - almost always some version of lemon, tahini, and red pepper flakes or anything avocado-based. I avoid oil since it's stripped of nutrients and opt for nuts, seeds or avocado to add fat to my salads.
  • kyubeans
    kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Sometimes ten minutes after eating a huge salad, I'll feel hungry. First, I try water. If I'm still feeling hungry after another ten minutes, I'll have some full fat cheese or nuts (portioned!). Usually that's my body signaling me that I did not consume enough fat.
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash. Ridiculously low in calories but high in volume.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    my go-to snack is a bag of riced cauliflower (green giant or birdseye), mixed with some low fat onion/chive cream cheese - its about 200cal for the entire bag of cauliflower (3.5ish servings) and the cream cheese (15C/8F/9P)
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    HELPPP! What are some foods low in calories that I would be able to eat a lot of or eat the recommended amount and feel full without breaking the calories?

Try picking from low caloric density foods. Here's a spreadsheet someone put together:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZW6TlsuGv7oQFEv8sryubIzYyQ8OFebY_1or7TYzrdY/edit#gid=1827593641 sorted by calories per 100g

but you don't need that, veggies, then fruit, then legumes tend to be the lowest in terms of caloric density. If you're feeling hungry on a caloric deficit just replace some of your high density foods with lower density alternatives.
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. Fills you up in the morning. I get the steel cut variety
  • bbell1985
    Options
    rmgnow wrote: »
    Oatmeal. Fills you up in the morning. I get the steel cut variety

This is where people have to experiment. I find oatmeal to be calorie dense and not filling at all. I could eat so much more for a serving of oatmeal.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Bok choy, lots of vitamins.
    Jicama, lots of fiber.
    It won't even take much jicama to make you perceive your belly to be filled.