Dreamfield pasta question

Options
I was wondering if anyone can help me understand the Dreamfield brand pasta. It says that it only has 5g net carbs, but the box says 41g carbs. IM CONFUSED?!?!?!

Replies

• yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    What is it's fiber count?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone can help me understand the Dreamfield brand pasta. It says that it only has 5g net carbs, but the box says 41g carbs. IM CONFUSED?!?!?!
    I believe it's soluble vs. insoluble fiber.

Curious how it tastes? :flowerforyou:
  • pienrico
    pienrico Posts: 4
    Options
    I think total carbs include dietary fiber while net carbs just include sugars and digestible carbs. Since fiber isn't broken down and doesn't have a caloric content then you should be okay with just counting net carbs.

Total Carbs is what is often listed as the Carbohydrate content in the nutritional label of food packaging. But your body doesn’t process all Carbs the same.

Total Carbs can be broken into three broad categories: Fiber, Sugars, and Sugar Alcohol.

Figuring out your Net Carbs from your Total Carbs is fairly simple. Just subtract the Fiber and Sugar Alcohol from the Total. What’s left (Sugars) is your Net Carbs.

When on a low-carb diet, what really counts is the Net Carbs.

This is what I have read in several sites. Hope it helps ! Good luck !
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    Why do you say that Dreamfields Pasta only has 5 grams of digestible carbs when the nutrition label states that it has 41 grams of carbohydrates?
    While the total number of carbohydrates is the same as traditional pasta, our patent-pending formula and unique manufacturing process protects all but 5 grams of carbohydrates from being digested. The Dreamfields fiber and protein blend creates a protective barrier to reduce starch digestion in the small intestine. The unabsorbed, or protected carbohydrates then pass to the colon where they are fermented, providing the same health benefits as fiber.

That's what their website says...
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

I just made this recipe tonight with the lasagna noodles, they had me fooled, I thought it was regular pasta, and I have a really sensitive taste buds and I pick up on tastes really well. I don't like a lot of "light" "fat free" "diet" "low carb" stuff cuz it tastes HORRIBLE!!!

Made over Mexican lasagna

1 Box Dreamfield lasagna noodles (you only need to cook 9 noodles)
    2 pounds 97% lean ground beef (or use a meat of your choice)
    1 can great value fat free re-fried beans
    1 small can great value chopped green chilies
    1 Mccormick 30% reduced sodium mild taco seasoning
    2 cups + 2 T mild salsa (I used great value chunky mild)
    2 cups water
    3 cups reduced fat shredded cheese (mexican/ fiesta blend)
    1 cup kraft simply light sour cream
    3 scallions

Boil noodles as directed on package. Brown hamburger, drain WELL. Return hamburger to pan, add beans, chilies, taco seasoning, and 2 T salsa. Mix to combine. Spray 13x9 pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350. Place 1/3 (about 1 c.) of meat mixture on bottom of pan. Top with 3 noodles, cover with 1 cup cheese. Repeat 2 more times, ending with noodles on top. Mix water and 2 cups salsa. pour evenly over lasagna. (I know that part sounds weird, and it doesn't seem right and the lasagna middle is dry because the meat mixture is really thick, but TRUST ME, it works perfect.) Cover with foil, cook 1 hour on 350. Remove after 1 hour, spread sour cream evenly over top, sprinkle with diced scallions, top with remaining 1 cup cheese, cook 5-10 mins more, till cheese is to desired meltyness. LET SIT FOR 15 MINS!!!! Serve

12 servings

370 cals
    13 g fat
    31 carbs (but some don't count because of the pasta only having 5g net carbs)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

I just made this recipe tonight with the lasagna noodles, they had me fooled, I thought it was regular pasta, and I have a really sensitive taste buds and I pick up on tastes really well. I don't like a lot of "light" "fat free" "diet" "low carb" stuff cuz it tastes HORRIBLE!!!

Made over Mexican lasagna

1 Box Dreamfield lasagna noodles (you only need to cook 9 noodles)
    2 pounds 97% lean ground beef (or use a meat of your choice)
    1 can great value fat free re-fried beans
    1 small can great value chopped green chilies
    1 Mccormick 30% reduced sodium mild taco seasoning
    2 cups + 2 T mild salsa (I used great value chunky mild)
    2 cups water
    3 cups reduced fat shredded cheese (mexican/ fiesta blend)
    1 cup kraft simply light sour cream
    3 scallions

Boil noodles as directed on package. Brown hamburger, drain WELL. Return hamburger to pan, add beans, chilies, taco seasoning, and 2 T salsa. Mix to combine. Spray 13x9 pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350. Place 1/3 (about 1 c.) of meat mixture on bottom of pan. Top with 3 noodles, cover with 1 cup cheese. Repeat 2 more times, ending with noodles on top. Mix water and 2 cups salsa. pour evenly over lasagna. (I know that part sounds weird, and it doesn't seem right and the lasagna middle is dry because the meat mixture is really thick, but TRUST ME, it works perfect.) Cover with foil, cook 1 hour on 350. Remove after 1 hour, spread sour cream evenly over top, sprinkle with diced scallions, top with remaining 1 cup cheese, cook 5-10 mins more, till cheese is to desired meltyness. LET SIT FOR 15 MINS!!!! Serve

12 servings

370 cals
    13 g fat
    31 carbs (but some don't count because of the pasta only having 5g net carbs)
    Thanks!:heart: