Larger frame girls from 145-155 HELP!!!!

Options
I am a very goal oriented person and I have a problem. My original goal was to weigh 160 which is what I weighed in high school (I looked DAMN good LOL). I have hit that goal and it is so far from what it was. It is clear that I have more fat and less muscle then I did then so I need a new goal. I am 5'7'' with a larger frame. I am thinking somewhere between 145 - 155. Any other girls in that range that I can "check out" and see if that is good or if I might need to lose more!!!

Replies

• summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You don't need a new goal, you likely need a new work out routine. Focus on workouts that will tone your body.
  • Zerbertkisses
    Zerbertkisses Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Not really what you asked for, but maybe some more perspective...

I'm 5'9" and right now I'm around 172ish. I'd LOVE to weigh 160 now. I'd love even more to be around 155 or a little less but we'll see...

When I was younger I was already about 5'9" and at 145 I was VERY thin and athletic looking - however I was still in a size 8 pants. I have child bearing hips :) haha

Good luck! Maybe now your goal should be more focused on just toning and tightening - not actually losing...?
  • Erin_26
    Erin_26 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6.5'' and currently 155. I think I should be about 135. Maybe you should be around 140-145?
  • ABPryor
    ABPryor Posts: 2
    Options
    Perhaps your goal should include building more muscle. Do you do any strength training and toning? My goal weight is 150 and I'm 5'10 but I am realizing that I will weigh more because now I am focused on toning up. My shape that is forming now is more flattering than when I was just young and thin.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    You don't need a new goal, you likely need a new work out routine. Focus on workouts that will tone your body.

I have to agree with this. I would get rid of the scale at this point, and just work on finding all the rockin muscle :)
  • roballesteros
    Options
    I am exactly 5'7 and 153lbs. My original goal was 155 but now that I am at 153 and still feel like I need to loose fat and gain more muscle. I already completed Jillian Michael 30 day shred and now I am 5 weeks into Trouble Zones and have loved how they have toned me up. I would like to get to 150 but I am wearing a size 8 now and really don't want to loose my curves...my husband seems to like them! lol! I say if you are happy with how you look and feel then you are very lucky and I hope to be there very soon!
  • kochany
    kochany Posts: 32
    Options
    pump some iron
  • KenzieKidwell
    KenzieKidwell Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I should have also said that I was a college athlete and had muscles on muscles. I had cardio trainers and strenght training trainers and was pulling at least three workouts a day. There is NO way I will ever be there again I run 2-3 miles 5 times a week and I am also doing Insanity I do not have much more time with a 16mth old! I do need to tone more but I still have more fat than can be toned!
  • pienrico
    pienrico Posts: 4
    Options
    According to my Cardiologist the guideline should be 5ft.=100lbs and you add 5lbs per inch over 5ft. Means that if you are 5'7" and according to the cardiologist you should weight 135 lbs.

I am sure there is always a range according to your kind of frame as you mentioned. Hope it helped ! Good Luck !
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and I want too be 140-145, I was the best at this weight. I have 50lbs to lose. 3 babies in a row with little loss between.
  • ABPryor
    ABPryor Posts: 2
    Options
    pienrico, That's a good guide for me...thanks!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options