Beginning To try weight loss

Options
Currently my strategy is to wake myself up with the amount of calories i eat, and then try to slowly cut down. yesterday i met my goals, but i am really terrible about eating whole pizzas, lol. I have drank mostly water today, so that is good. What would you say i should incorporate into my diet to quit eating whole pizzas, i.e. fill up on less? my stomach growls terribly, when i eat reasonably, i.e. like i should.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Make/buy a smaller pizza but still eat the whole thing if you get some sort of enjoyment out of eating an entire pizza. That is what I do. I get the junior size pizza (single serving pizza) which is around 600-700 calories. Or if you are eating with somebody else get one pizza that is only big enough to serve both of you. You could also eating pizza plus something that will fill you up like a large salad (assuming the salad is less caloric than the rest of the pizza :) .)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If your pizza fit your calories and kept you full, you're fine. Maybe eat an apple or some broccoli occasionally as well though!
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Sometimes there is nothing you can incorporate into your life/diet to make the uncomfortableness go away. You have to get through it. In those ways, it is really a mental thing. Also, most of us who are overweight have done everything we can to avoid feeling hungry. We eat so that never happens. It's normal to feel hungry. Not hungry so you're going to faint or anything, but hungry. If you're really, truly hungry and you've not allowed pizza or other such things into the house, you will eat better things. But you've got to meet this at least halfway. Those horrible ravenous stomach growlings will get better as you get used to eating less. They won't ever go away 100% but they will be more manageable. If you keep going for the whole pizza and giving in, you can't really get through it.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Have a mini goal to eat some greens or beans every day. Just an idea.
    Don't starve yourself. It WILL backfire.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    try recipes with similar taste profile, mushroom stuffed portabella caps, add fruit and veg. There has to be at least 3 veg u like. Google veg and pick 3 to try. I like zucchini cause
    it absorbs the flavor of whatever u season with. When your stomach growls drink water with lemon or tea . Most overweight people don't hydrate, so u may be thirsty not hungry.