Down 45 lbs only only 103 to go!

Hi! I am 5 foot 6 and currently 253 lbs. My first goal is to reach 150 which is the top of the "healthy" range for my height. So far it is going great! I started 4 months ago and just hit the 45 pound milestone today. I have been losing on average 2-3 lbs a week and gaining more energy and feeling great! I try to hit 1200 calories a day, but don't stress about being 100 calories on either side it seems to even out and let's me eat more or less depending on how hungry I am. I feel weird because I haven't been dealing much with feeling hungry or having bad cravings. I have been struggling more with not seeing the weight loss on myself. I have gone down a couple sizes and am close to needing to drop down another size again, but when I look in the mirror I just don't see it. Has anyone else who started with a lot to lose had this problem? When did you start to SEE the changes your body is making?

Replies

• GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    I've never had to lose a lot but that is awesome! What type of exercise are you doing? Strength training is key.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    I've lost 100 pounds so far. Some days- scratch that- MOST days I literally see the old me in the mirror. I think this is pretty common. Our brains are real d-ckheads.
    Logically, I know I'm healthier and smaller. I just have to review my stats some days to actually "see" the changes. Raw mathematical data shuts up my arsehole brain.
    Good job on your weight loss!
  • stevierai831
    stevierai831 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks! I was thinking I was nuts. Exercise is tricky for me. I have a movement disorder and strength training in particular is tough. It tends to trigger the movement disorder to flair up, but I'm starting small. Hopefully I can build strength slowly and keep as much muscle mass as possible.
  • ph1881
    ph1881 Posts: 4 Member
    Try taking progress pics