Hello from Chicago!

Options
molbook
molbook Posts: 11 Member
Hi everyone,

I'm Mol, im working to lose some weight and get back to my fit self. I was once training to be an officer and i was in terrific shape. I went back to school for law aaaaand now thats a little different.
I'd appreciate any tips on how you all stay motivated and focused when working out or working towards a goal!

Replies

• andrederosier
    andrederosier Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey! I focus on the alternatives especially when I stall. So many people in support groups complain about how they give up because they haven't lost weight in 3 weeks. Next thing you know they are amazed they put back on that weight and more. Remember going nowhere is still better than going backward. Don't give up whenever a plateau hits. Push through it. I work in Lake County. Hello back.
  • molbook
    molbook Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey! I focus on the alternatives especially when I stall. So many people in support groups complain about how they give up because they haven't lost weight in 3 weeks. Next thing you know they are amazed they put back on that weight and more. Remember going nowhere is still better than going backward. Don't give up whenever a plateau hits. Push through it. I work in Lake County. Hello back.

Hey nice to meet you! And good point, i had such a defined goal before - police officer training - so i barely had to think about weight, it was much more about achieving what IL state calls a "NIPSTA" card. Which is basically a license saying your fit enough to work as an officer in IL. So i was in great shape. Now that im taking another path (legal field) its a little slower in the workout dept. Haha, thanks for the inspiring words!
  • vi2nie
    vi2nie Posts: 28 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Just cause u can't see progress doesn't mean it ain't working. Putting in work and those results will come. Agree with u both much respect