Side dish for chili lime chicken burgers?

Options
bribucks
bribucks Posts: 431 Member
What would go well with chili lime chicken burgers for our dinner tonight? (Giant eagle, no Trader Joe's by me unfortunately) They will be topped with avocado - I will probably eat mine bunless and husband will have a bun.

I do have a lot of quinoa on hand ... not sure if I can do anything with that?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Oven fries!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato fries
    Corn on the Cob
    Black bean and corn salad
    Baked zucchini chips
  • Ejcejcejc
    Ejcejcejc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Maybe a little...zucchini, cucumber, jicama salad with cilantro and a little lime/evoo dressing.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Quinoa and black bean salad. Endless number of recipes on line.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I would do sweet potato fries and a red cabbage lime slaw with cilantro and maybe some roasted corn.

Sounds good!
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Chili lime burgers sound amazing! Is it a recipe?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Oven fries!

This^

If you're not doing a bun.....oven fries. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/237083/oven-baked-sweet-potato-fries/
  • bribucks
    Options
    Chili lime burgers sound amazing! Is it a recipe?

I was going to go off of this recipe http://laughingspatula.com/chili-lime-chicken-burgers-with-avocado-salsa/ but when I was at the store, they already had chili lime chicken burgers there! (In the fridge section with raw chicken, not frozen). Couldn't pass up a chance to make my life easier!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    TJ's Chili Lime Burgers are a staple at our house. Also the turkey and salmon burgers. Our easy go-to meal is the patty, oven fries, and a nuked frozen veg.

To make this a really easy meal, I do everything but the veg in the oven. Here's the steps.
    1. Throw a cast iron pan in the oven, preheat to 400F
    2. Cut the potatoes, toss in olive oil & seasonings, put on a rack over a baking sheet (rack means you don't have to flip them midway through)
    3. Put potatoes in oven and set timer for 10 minutes.
    4. After first ten minutes, put frozen patties on the hot cast iron pan, put the hot pan back in oven and do a second 10 minutes.
    5. After second 10 minutes, flip the patties. Set the timer for 10 minutes. Put the frozen veg in a covered dish and microwave for 4 to 6 minutes depending on type of veg.
    6. After the third 10 minutes, everything is ready to eat.

Potatoes will have cooked 30 minutes, patties 20 minutes, and veg for whatever is needed in the microwave.

• asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Coleslaw of shredded cabbage, carrots, and jicama dressed with lemon, a drizzle of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste
  • dabearo
    dabearo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Spinach rice made with califlower rice.
  • bribucks
    Options
    We ended up doing Spanish rice w/ black beans. Yum!
  • karen3926
    karen3926 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit salsa with pita chips.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    BTW, when I was trying to decide what to make for my lunches this week, I remembered this thread. So this week I have chili-lime chicken, spicy rice, lime-cumin roasted sweet potatoes, and a slaw with red cabbage, broccoli, carrot, cilantro, and corn with a sweet lime dressing.

So what I'm saying is thanks, because it's delicious.
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Man that sounds good.